Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hope

Good afternoon!  Happy Tuesday!  How's your week going so far?  It has been raining here today so it was a good day to stay in and catch up on a few things.  Mostly, I've been working on upcoming DT projects, but I managed a little time to make a card "just because".   It fits with a couple of challenges I enjoy doing, so that's even better.
 
Here is my make:
 

My card base and mats are SU Blush Blossom and the patterned paper is frm the Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings 6.5x6.5 pad.  The beautiful image is Rosalee from Delicious Doodles.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I did something I don't think I've ever done before.  I added flowers over the flowers in the image after I'd colored it.  I was looking for some added dimension.  Not sure if I would do it again, but I do like how the roses stand out.  They are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A sheer double-loop bow and a few pearls finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I have some DT comments to do and then I'll be around to visit for fun.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Delicious Doodles #84 (pink for breast cancer awareness)
Crafting From the Heart Challenge #15 (anything goes)
Craft Your Passion Challenge #210 (pretty pastels)

Have a great evening and see you soon!

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Hi Carla - this is just stunning! Love your colouring and your placement of the roses! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and I love all the roses.
    It rained some this morning and is now beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word!!! This is absolutely STUNNING, Carla! The flower embellies are so perfectly placed.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card Carla. Beautiful image and coloring. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card in vintage style Carla...love the added flowers!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, Carla! Love how you have given her a ‘real’ rose to enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sweet and the coloring you did on the hair is beautiful, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! that is just gorgeous!!! Love the roses.........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design and fabulous colouring! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Delicious Doodles.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, all those rose are just so stunning! Love that image on your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! I love the way you have used those sweet roses Carla. Clever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful card, Carla! Love your design & coloring. And I think the roses look wonderful on the image! Great idea. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Such lovely paper in the background. Thank you so much for playing along this week at Delicious Doodles! Hope to see more of your lovely projects in the future. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Delicious Doodles GDT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the way you have colored your image and then added the flower. Great design and layout. Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion -Randi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla