Saturday, November 16, 2013

Never Too Old

Hi again!  I'm up now and back with a super quick post to share a card I made for a friend's birthday and a couple of challenges I do when I can.  Weekends are usually pretty quiet on my blog, but I had this one done on my desk just waiting for pics.


My card base and mats are GKD Turquoise Sea and the patterned papers are from the Pink Paislee House of Three Soiree collection.  The fun image is a digi called Happy Hour from Kenny K.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added glitter to the polka dots on her dress, Liquid Pearls to her necklace, earrings and bracelet and Glossy Accents to her glass. She is popped up on Pop-Dots. The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be around a little later this morning to visit.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Seems A Little Sketch #52 (sketch)
Kenny K.'s Krafty Krew Challenge #159 (pumps and pearls)
Twisted Tuesday Challenge #63 (challenge: use pop-dots; twist: use polka dots)

Here is SALS-52:


Have a great day!
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Just look at the glitter on that dress. Awesome work and your friend is sure to love this card. Have a great Saturday, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card for anyone over 29 LOL. Love the glitter on her dress and your coloring is, as always, gorgeous. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll girl! ;) This creation is so fun for your friend, she'll love it and your coloring is fabulous!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love that image. I think this is a perfect image for a birthday card and I do love how you colored her. Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Carla, love the image and fab colours & design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I'm sure your friend will love the gorgeous birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your coloring. Love the sparkle on the dress. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cool take on the sketch; love the layers & DP! Great image & coloring, as always, and I love the sentiment, too! Your friend should love this! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layout and the bright colors combined with your wonderful coloring makes for a fantastic card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout of this card Carla and the fabulous happy colours. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the design of this card and the image is super cute! Also your papers are a perfect match! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the colors Carla - such a happy Happy Birthday card!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's sure to bring a smile. Nice CAS design. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh she is fab Carla and your card is gorgeous, hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute, I love her spotty dress
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling card, Carla. That image is adorable. I like a good martini every once in a while. Love your coloring and fab designer papers.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab and funky!! Great card and those glitter polka dots are such a wonderful touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun and fabulous card! Love the polka dot dress! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card-love all the different accents! Thanks for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card! I love the image and the papers! Adorable party card! Thanks for sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun, bright, gorgeous card Carla!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla