Friday, September 27, 2013

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  The weekend is nearly here!  Hope you've had a good week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  I am starting to feel better, so I know the weekend will be better than during the week.  Before getting on with my day, I am here to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme for this last week of the month is the ever-popular "anything goes" with the option to make it a Christmas creation.  Don't forget, you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Baja Breeze and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye All is Bright 6x6 pad.  The precious image is In The Manger from Mo's Digital Pencil.  You can find it in Mo's shop here.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added some splashes of Shabby White Fran-Tage for some texture and sparkle.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I added fancy corners cut with my Cameo using a free cut file from SVG Cuts. I embellished them with fancy pearl accents.  Some pretty lace finished the outside of my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Although I don't usually, I decorated the inside of my card, too.  Here is the inside:


I used another design from the same patterned paper pad and a sentiment frame made with my Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles dies.  The sentiment on the inside is from JustRite Stampers Christmas Nested Sentiments. I don't think these old style stamps are available anymore.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the lovely creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will be inspired to play along!  It is your last chance to get in on the prize offered by our September sponsor, Digistamps 4 Joy.  One randomly-chosen participant in this month's challenges will win 5 digis of their choice from the DS4J shop!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp #175 (Kim's sketch)
Twisted Tuesday Challenge #59 (Challenge: splatter; Twist: at least two words)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #38 (decorate the inside)
Crafts-Too Challenge You #3 (Theme: texture; Twist 2-add something shiny or glittery; I used Fran-Tage)

Here is the sketch:


Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. Oh my stars!!!! Carla, this is so beautiful!!! You really out did your self, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful and I love the lace trimming.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE this image AND card, Carla. It really says Christmas. And, the inside looks wonderful, too. I'm not familiar with the Fran-Tage but sure like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout and sublime colouring, Carla...have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla this is one stunning Christmas card and thanks for showing your wonderful talent. I so love this image and funny enough was going to go to Mo's searching for Christmas images, well this is just one I love... the fran'tage turned out fantastic. I still have learning skills in that department.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant to thank you for the svg cut file link...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is really precious Carla!! Love your image and your frontage!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, your card is as precious as the image. I love this image, my favorite Mo image. You did an awesome job with this image and made it into a beautiful Christmas Card. I love it, love those corners and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Carla!! Adore the corners and frantage!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable Carla!!
    xxx Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Carla! I love the way you did the fran-tage around the image! Beautiful! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness that Fran-tage is just amazing around your beautiful image Carla. This is one of my most favorite cards from you. Truly beautifully done. Hugs!
    P.S. Hope you're feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable as always Carla - gorgeous image and colouring and I love that Fran-tage effect, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card on the outside as well as the inside.

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous Christmas card. Love the inside too. Thanks for playing with Charisma
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love all the details, and the image is so beautiful and evokes the true meaning of Christmas for me :)S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Carla - I agree totally with Sandra who commented right above me!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic take on the sketch! Love the color palette--so beautiful! Love your darling image, your coloring, your die cuts, the bling, and fabulous Frantage! (I am always so afraid to get the Frantage on my image, lol! Yours looks wonderful!)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous image,love the dies and frantage-thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unbelievable card. I love the detail you add to your cards. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card!! Love how you used the Frantage!!!! Awesome idea!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card; love the subtle spatter that the Frantage Fragments added to your card. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla, this card is elegant and heartwarming! Love all the details...lace, pearls, fancy corners, and Fran Tage!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so gorgeous Carla! Love the Frantage and your colouring! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Carla I just LOVE this card! One question, what is Frantage Fragments I've never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have created a stunning card with Kim's sketch, very well done. It is an adorable card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW!!!! Carla just stunning and love the inside.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  29. How sweet - and beautiful!

    Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute and appealing card Carla, beautiful! A great use of texture and a fab example of Twist 2.

    Thanks for sharing your twist on our challenge this month over at C2CU (Crafts-Too Challenge You). Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! This is a beautiful card! Love the texture of the white snow! I'm quite impressed how you controlled it and it didn't get anywhere it shouldn't! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMGOSH...my mouth is hung open in awe!! This is so gorgeous!! I love that snow effect! Thanks so much for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla