Sunday, March 3, 2013

La Moustache

Good morning!  Happy Sunday!  Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend!   It's been cold here and we even had a few snow flurries yesterday!  Not at all what you would expect for AL in March!  I'll be glad when it warms up again.  Anyway, it's been pretty busy around here, but I wanted to pop in quickly to share a card I made with a new set by Paulette at Create With TLC called The 'Stache Be With You.   It has some fun images and sentiments that are perfect for your more masculine creations.

Here is my card:


The card base and mats are SU Soft Suede and the patterned papers are from the Authentique Original 6x6 pad.  The image and sentiment are both from the new set from Create With TLC.  I colored the vintage image of the man with my Copics.  I added a vintage clock face in the background.  I cut it with my Cameo using a cut file from Sheridan shared here.  I didn't add any more embellishments to keep with my clean, masculine theme.

Thanks for stopping by!  I have a bunch of stuff to do this morning, but I hope to be by to visit your blogs a little later this afternoon.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #187 (sketch)
Anything Goes Challenge #87 (make it manly)

Here is TMS-187:


Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Wow Carla, I absolutely LOVE this card. It is so different and perfect for a masculine card. In fact, I think I might just have to get that set - it is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I could think about was Victor Newman as I read this post and looked over you fabulouslymanly card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card. Everything just matches so well, love that paper and the image. Beautiful coloring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabulous card for a man, Carla. I know someone that used to sport a 'stache like that. :-)
    Not much snow. It must have snowed all Friday night and I know it snowed all day yesterday. The flakes were so tiny you could hardly see them. Not much to talk about..just spitting snow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabolous card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cool! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, this is so majorly cool! I'm in Downton Abbey withdrawal, so the image makes me think of the Bristish Aristocracy! (LOL) Beautiful work, as always!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see Trina watches Y&R too........LOL Yes, it does remind one of Victor. Love the image and your masculine card with the vintage style. Fantastic card Carla! "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, you never cease to make my jaw hit the table. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful masculine card, Carla! Love the colors & papers! Love your design & cool die cut, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous masculine card with a lovely vintage feel.
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Janine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab design and love the coloring Carla! Great depth on his hair especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great masculine card Carla. Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful masculine card!! I love the DPs!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, perfect masculine image and the papers and that clock die cut just finish it off wonderfully. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic image for a masculine card/project! It reminds me of one of my Sargent's. He used to twirl it around 24/7 and waxed the tips. Too funny! Love the sketch and of course those perfect papers that go with it.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous, love the papers you used with this too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great design and coloring of the image, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice Carla - really nice. Your male person reminds me of Heraldo Rivera as a young man! (I know I misspelled his name).
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! I so love this image - but the name of the set takes the cake. That's fabulous :) I love how it turned out! Thanks for playing with us at TMS & sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful masculine card. I love the Authentique papers you layered. I also love that clock die cut peeking out the side.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very attractive masculine card! Love that the design is clean without a lot of fussiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla