Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bed of Roses

Hi there!  Happy Saturday!  I rarely post over the weekend, but I had a card I wanted to share tonight, so I'm going for it.  My card showcases a beautiful new set in Paulette's Create With TLC store that I am sure you are going to love.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are GKD Fresh Asparagus and the patterned papers are from the Kaisercraft The Lake House 6.5x6.5 paper pad.  My main image is from the Love is Like a Rose Garden set from Create With TLC.  You can find it in Paulette's store here.  I printed it twice on Copic X-Press It blending card and colored both with my Copics. I cut out the full image and then the rose only with my Cameo. I also cut out a backing mat of Fresh Asparagus with the Cameo using the same trace. I layered everything with foam tape and added it to the card.  The sentiment is from another Create With TLC set called The Rose.  I think the two sets work perfectly together.  A few pink pearls finished my card.

I am entering my card in the One Stop Craft Challenge #216 sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch:



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Carla, this card is so pretty! I love the soft pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the florals. I haven't colored a flower in forever. Your choice of sentiments is perfect. The Silhouette is a challenge. Grace and I had coffee and we were saying how much we wish we could all meet at Betty's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla it really is lovely. Your floral papers are a perfect match. So pretty. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty and gentle, DF. Your images always look so life-like and this rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, your card is gorgeous. I love your paper. I'm working with this image and trying to find some paper right now to put it together - getting a little frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this gorgeous paper, I still have some in my stash, such a pretty card
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Carla and thank you so much for using my sketch and to play with us in OneStopCraftChallenge this week!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is that?! Love the dp and that rose really pops off the card...so exquisite! Truly stunning, Carla. Thanks for sharing your talent so generously.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really soft and pretty and so girly!!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes you are right - I do love your card. So very pretty!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've admired from afar (TLC) but had to visit and say this is so beautiful, in fact all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Carla. I love that dp and the soft coloring on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carla, this is the most beautiful card, on all the blogs I've seen today it is the bestest and most beautiful. I love what you have done with the image and those beautiful papers. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, Carla! Love the paper you used with your image! Fab coloring as always, great design, and love the sentiment, which is perfect with your image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cut out rose is beautiful, Carla. The paper is magnificent. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card love the fresh asparagus papers, you have certainly done the sketch justice good luck & thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw you beautiful card at the One Stop Craft Challenge and wanted to personally stop by your blog and leave a comment. It's lovely as can be...beautiful colors and papers and cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Carla, I really like the DP paper it really pops the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful card, I love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenges. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an elegant card. Your coloring is gorgeous and works so well with the beautiful patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla