Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays and Some Cards To Share

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  I'm finally back!  I haven't been able to post in over a week!  No sooner did I get started with blogging, real life called me for a bit and I'm just now getting back to creating.  I had to take a brief trip to MA to take care of some family matters and got stuck in that freak snowstorm that dumped about a foot of snow on Cape Cod!  Then, this is what I woke up to this morning:


Not a very common site back here in North Carolina!

Anyway, I have a couple of cards to share.  The first one was made for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. You can read all about this week's tea party here.  We are sending our cards to fellow teapotter, Kris (krischir) who had surgery on both her wrists/hands this past week.  Here is Kris' story. 

This is the card I made for Kris:


I hope my "masterpiece" makes her smile!

For my layout, I went to this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch challenge (2010 Year In Review), which was to choose any sketch from #148-198.  I chose #195, which I missed.


Stamps: SU Classic Captions
Paper: GKD Heavy Base Weight and Layering Weight Ivory, True Thyme, 7 gypsies Conservatory DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, True Thyme
Accessories: Copic Markers

My next card is for today's Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast (FS203).  This week's Featured Stamper is LeisaJane. 
I chose this beautiful card of LeisaJane's to CASE:


Here is my card:


I used the Faux Window technique which was Video Pick #2 in the StampTV Top 10 Favorite Episodes.
I brayered the night sky and sponged around the snow drifts.  I added some stars to the sky with a white gel pen and some Polar White Flower Soft to the trees and snow drifts.  The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder.

Stamps: Gina K. Designs Tree Silhouettes and Vintage Borders (sentiment)
Paper: GKD Heavy Base Weight White, Whisper White, Basic Black, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Polar White Flower Soft, White EP, Brayer

Whew!  Sorry for the long post.  I hope to keep up better in the future!
Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you made it home safely...and to more snow LOL...
    both cards are stunning but I'm really partial to your tree scene - so peaceful and beautiful when you dont have to be out in it (-:
    AND SUPER BIG CONGRATS on win over at Joan's Gardens! what a wonderful way to start your crafing New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla! Good to see you made it back safely! We had quite the adventures too, driving home in the crazy Christmas snow we got here! Your cards are lovely! I really love how you brayered your snight sky and sponged the snow.... and all the little details like the stars... that is one WOW card!

    Happy New Year my friend!!!

    hugs,
    grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla