Monday, June 13, 2011

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #86 (and more)

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend!  We had a great time with our friends here and I sure was sad to when I had to send them off this morning.  I am already looking forward to the next time we can all get together.  Anyway, I'm dropping in to share the card I made for Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #86 - "A Recipe For Friendship".  Dawn was the hostess and we were to be inspired by the following:

"A Recipe for Friendship"

Take two people with common interests,
Mix together with love and understanding,
Stir in a sense of humor and a lot of compassion,
Bake for a lifetime...
and enjoy the fruits of your labor knowing that you both have made a remarkable concoction that will last forever!

We were to create a card with a Mo's image and at least one element from this "recipe". I chose the "forever friendship" part.

My card is also for Card Positioning Systems Sketch #222 and the current Copic coloring challenge on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom,which was to color brunette hair.

Here is the CPS sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Red Hot and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Hello Luscious collection.  For the friendship recipe, I chose Mo's BBBFA - Best, Best, Best Friends Forever.  I think this is just the cutest image!  You can find it here. I colored the girlfriends with Copic markers and hihglighted here and there with Spica pens.  I made them both brunette's for Suzanne's challenge.  Some coordinating ribbon finished it off.

That's it for me for now. Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I love the image and your coloring blows my mind!!!!! Fantastic sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job as always ;) Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla,
    THis is gorgeous . I love the paper you used, I think I need to come by and "borrow" some from you,lol we dont live that far from eachother you know. :-D Perfect layout too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s this week!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, I love the colors and papers you've used on this! Such a happy card! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image:-) and great coloring on their brunette hair theme:-) Thank you for joining us at CMC
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design Carla!! Love the colors and dp you used. Thanks for joining us at CPS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi just love your card Carla! The image is so cute it just makes me happy! Love, love love your designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute and colorful!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Your coloring is top notch! Love the LO too!

    Thanks for joining us at CMC!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla because you have this so wonderfully colored -- I ordered one! I'll make a card with it for my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, your coloring is just so pretty. Love your choice of patterned papers. Great card!! Visiting from CMC Challenge Group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Carla, such fun colours and your colouring is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great image and I love the sketch you used. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla