Friday, May 16, 2014

Alcohol Markers Challenge - The Outlawz

Good morning!  Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a great week and you have some fun plans for the weekend! It's been a busy one for me, but I'm looking forward to a little down time this weekend.  Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.  I am here now to share my DT card for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this week is a "color inspiration".  We always love to see the different takes on the color scheme, but please remember you must have coloring with alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is the color palette, courtesy of Design Seeds:


Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Not Quite Navy and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Nutmeg 6x6 pad.  The cute image is Fairy Reading from Ditzie Digi Design.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics. I added some Bisque Liquid Pearls to the fairy wings, the toadstool spots and her necklace.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A punched butterfly with Liquid Pearls finished my card. 

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the fantastic creations from my teammies, Dawn, Penny and Kathi.  We hope you will play along this week!  Our sponsor for May is Ditzie Digi Design.  They are offering three prizes this month: first prize is 3 digis, second prize is 2 digis and third prize is 1 digi of the winner's choice from the Ditzie Digi Design Etsy shop.  Lots of chances to win fab digis!  Go check them out!


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Seems A Little Sketchy # 64 (sketch)
Crafting for All Seasons #77 (things with wings)

Here is the sketch:
 

Have a great day and I'll be back in a couple of hours for the Digi Bells Blog Hop! Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your card! Such pretty colors and the fairy image is fabulous! I love the pretty butterfly too! Looks so good with our sketch and thank you for sharing it with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Your coloring is just wonderful- and love the DP you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla your work is always so stunning. I love the colors in this one.

    Thanks so much for playing with our sketch at Seems a Little Sketchy.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, Carla! Love your take on the sketch and the DP for the color palette! And, of course, your coloring is superb! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Carla, I love the image, your layout & the colours you've used!
    Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons in our Things With Wings Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab Carla! Those earthy colours really work so well with that cute image and pretty papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the image and the colour combination you have used. Thank you for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla