Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Last Post For 2011

Hi there!  Happy New Year's Eve!  I didn't think I'd be back before the year closed out, but I have a quick post to share a card I made for two challenges, one that was finishing tonight.  My card is for the Inspired By...Challenge on The Crafter's Cafe site.  It was one of the challenges that was part of their Holiday Open House this past week. This challenge was to make a card or project inspired by one created by something/someone else and also share the project that inspired yours.  Fun!!  My card is also for this week's challenge on the Our Creative Corner blog which was to make a celebration card in these bright colors:


These aren't colors I usually work with, but they were perfect for the card I had in mind for the Inspired By...Challenge

Here is the creation that inspired my card:


The card was made by Zoe and shared on the Make It Crafty blog a bit ago.  The image is Lizzie With Gift and it can be found in the new MiC store here. 

Here is my inspired card:


Of course, I can't come close to Zoe's amazing coloring, but I hope I didn't embarass myself too much!  I started with Melon Mambo CS and layered with a bunch of patterned papers from the Webster's Pages Botanical Christmas/Fairy Tales Petite Papers pack.  I also used festive trims from some of my Webster's Pages Trim Cards.  Lizzie was printed on Cryogen White and colored with Copics.  I added some Stickles here and there for a little sparkle and that was it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve and see you again in 2012!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. OH MY this is awesome, you rocked these colors, thanks so much for joining us on the OOC challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops--a re-do

    Oh, wow...this is just rockin' cute. I love your image and there is no need to worry about embarrassing yourself with your coloring. It's always great. What a wonderful, colorful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Carla! We're cooling it at home tonight...just trying to rest from the holidays. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is so pretty. Love the bright colors, gorgeous coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright, colorful, and fun, I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling little image and so fabulously coloured too ... love how you have used these super bright colours in your creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning sweetie, I love this image so sweet, gorgeous colours too, big happy hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the colors. Your layout is wonderful. I also love Make it Crafty images, Zoe has some wonderful images. Beautifully colored.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, I was WOWED by this card! Love how you used the bright colors and coloring is fantastic...not to be unhappy with the results.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, this is just awesome! I love the image and your coloring is simply gorgeous! Happy New Year to you and your family and wishes for a healthy, happy year!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those colours together Carla and wow to your amazing colours of that sweetie, love your card...I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and I wish you and your loved one good health, wealth and happiness in 2012
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doesn't Zoe have the most amazing images? I think you've done such justice to Lizzie and I love, love, love those bright and bold colours. Happy New Year!
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. CARLA!!!! Your coloring is JUST as amazing Sistah!!! The card you created is FABULOUS!!!! I love the layered trims and various matted papers behind the image....fantastic design!!!

    Love and hugs to you my DT Sistah <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your image is so sweet.... I love the way you've colored her (especially those eyes!) and all the bright matting behind. Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bright colors! You have to love the eyes! Cute card!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, your card (and your shadng) is gorgeous!! Love all of the layers you added, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla