Monday, July 20, 2015

Friday Coloring Challenge - On Monday

Good morning!  Happy Monday! Hope you had a nice weekend and your week is off to a great start!  It continues to be super hot and humid here with lots of storms popping up.  I am looking forward to a little break in this weather, but it might be awhile yet since this week is still supposed to be very hot.  I am here with my DT card for this week's Friday Coloring Challenge at The Outlawz site.  It's not lost on me that this is now Monday and I am late with my post! I had limited internet access over the past few days, so I gave up and took a forced break from the computer.  Luckily I could still check my e-mail on my phone, but that's all I did.  The theme for this week's challenge is a color inspiration.  You don't have to have an exact match to the colors, but we would like to be able to recognize the overall color palette.  You must still have a hand-colored image somewhere on your project to enter.

Here is the color inspiration photo:


Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Night of Navy and the patterned papers are from the Little Yellow Bicycle Just Because 6x6 pad.  The sweet image is Spring Flowers by Conie Fong from Sweet Pea Stamps.  I colored her with my Copics.  The sentiment is an old one from Raindrop Echo that was previously available at Whimsy Stamps and was offered as a freebie a couple of years ago.  I fancy diecut frame and a triple-loop taffeta bow and button finished my card.  

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Friday Coloring Challenge and check out the gorgeous projects from my teammies, Penny, Kathi, Karen and Vannessa!  We hope you will play along! Our July sponsor is the wonderful Sweet Pea Stamps, who are offering the lucky winner three digis of their choice form the Sweet Pea Stamps online shop.  You'll definitely want to be in the running for this great prize!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenge #271 (anything goes)
Creative Fingers Challenge #87 (anything goes)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #268 (floral delights)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love this sweet image, your colouring is fantastic and it's a lovely design! Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one gorgeous card, Carla. You picked the perfect die piece to mat your lovely image with. Sorry I myself have been MIA for some 4-5 weeks now. Redid the house and thought we'd never finish but we finally did Friday. Wishing you a cooler week. It is very hot hear this week also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, your card is darling. Isn't it terrible to have our computer access limited. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully coloured image - this is such a pretty card Carla :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, This is fantastic- I love this color combo and how it inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla this is just SO pretty! I love the sweet image, your fab colouring and gorgeous card design. That paper is lush! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this beauty, Carla! Really lovely design, and your colored your fab image beautifully! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing colouring, thanks for joining Craft Your Passion challenge this week, good luck and hope to see you again! :)

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla