Monday, September 29, 2014

Guest Designer - Love To Create Challenge

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a nice weekend and your week is off to a great start!  We were supposed to get lots of rain, but we didn't get a single drop!  Maybe later today we will get a little.  Anyway, I have a project today and some exciting news!  I was invited to be a Guest Designer for the Love to Create Challenge starting today!  The theme is "love of ribbons".  They want to see ribbons on your project. The sponsor is Sami Stamps and I was generously provided with a digi for my project.

Here is my card:
 

My easel card base and mats are SU Real Red and the patterned papers are from Gina K. Designs.  I think they were called Berries and Vines, but I wouldn't swear to it.  The sweet image is "A Basket Full" from Sami Stamps.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics. The sentiment is computer-generated.  I added a few Wild Orchid Crafts Daisies, some gingham ribbons and a fun wooden strawberry sticker to finish my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:
 

And here is the sentiment:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Love To Create challenge blog and check out the wonderful designs from the DT!  I am sure they would love it if you would play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
613 Avenue Create #91 (anything goes/option- use a heart)
Incy Wincy Challenge (something old, something new: I used old papers and ribbon and new image and strawberry embellishment)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I just love your card! So bright and cheerful and I love those pretty background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous easel card, love the papers and image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! The strawberries caught my eye. Love how you tied it altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card great blend with the DP and the image you coloured in thanks for playing at Incy wincy this week hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Carla! Congrats on the GDT appointment. The card if fabulous, of course and I love the strawberry theme, so nicely executed. Anchoring the bows with daisies was a very smart design choice. Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling image, Carla, and the gingham ribbons are just perfect with it. I like the big strawberry sticker.
    We didn't get a drop of rain, either. What a disappointment. I have the water sprinkler going right now. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Carla!! Love your fun easel style design with your gingham ribbon and gorgeous coloring!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, I'd be happy to send you some of our rain. We are being deluged the last week. Ugh. I moved to the desert to get away from it, lol! :^)
    Love your design--and such beautiful colors & DP! Really darling image, great coloring, and love the added bows! Congrats on the GDT! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great addition of those flowers. They look so much like strawberry blooms. Delightful card Carla! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carla, I love the strawberry papers matches the image so well. Wonderful card. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, this is so sweet and the ribbons add such a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new GDT Carla!!! Love your easel card! The color combo is so fresh and makes me feel like summer is still here, even though it's beginning to not feel like it! Love your sweet image and gorgeous coloring! Hope you are doing well my friend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. a gorgeous card darl.... love the matching dp's :)

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so cute! I love that paper and you did a fabulous job with the coloring! Thank you for playing along with us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope you join us again! ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card Carla! Everything you did just fits the image perfectly!

    I have displayed your card on the Sami Stamps blog: http://samistamp.blogspot.com/2014/09/list-of-sponsorships.html

    Sami Stamps is currently having a DT call. It's only open for a few more hours if you would like to enter!

    and facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/SamiStamps

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Carla! You did an amazing job with your project as our Guest Designer over at Love to Create! It has been a pleasure sharing your creation with our followers!
    Crafty Hugs!
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, your card is gorgeous. Love the special folds, and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE Easel cards!! Its so cute that you have the matching papers with the image!! Thank you so much for being our GDT this week at Love to Create!!

    Mei LTC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla