Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sketch Saturday #302

Good morning!  Happy Saturday from Dallas, Texas!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  We haven't gotten started yet, but I know it's going to be fun weekend of coloring!  I am here with my DT post for this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge.  I have pre-scheduled it, so hopefully you are seeing it on time.  Our sponsor this week is Deedee's Digis, who are offering the winner 3 digis of their choice.


Here is the fabulous sketch for this week from Cathy:


Here is my card:
 

As I often do, I flipped the sketch to fit my image.  My card base and mats are SU Cranberry Crisp and the patterned papers are from the Bo Bunny Forever Fall 6x6 pad.  The gorgeous image is Toadstool Fascination by ching chou kuik for Sweet Pea Stamps.  I printed the digi on Hammermill Digital Cover Stock and colored it with my Copics.  I added Aqua Stickles to the piece in her hair and Ice White Pearl Pen accents at the top of her dress and around in her hair.  The sentiment is from A Piece of Heart. Sharon generously shared it as a freebie here.  A simple ribbon bow finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Sketch Saturday blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Saturday Girls and our March Guest Designer, Melissa.  We hope you will play along!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Creative Fingers Challenge #28 (anything goes)
Sweet Pea Stamps Friends and Fans FB Art Contest (any Sweet Pea Stamps image)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I love this little lovely! Such wonderful papers you chose to go along with her. Your coloring is just perfect as always! I'm loving every inch of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous image and your coloring is always amazing Carla!!! Beautiful take on the sketch too!! Happy weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Carla. Have a fabulous day in Dallas...I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the image and your coloring is awesome. The details on the birds is amazing. Have fun in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Carla. I have some of these images but haven't attempted to color yet. Yours is so beautiful, the coloring, the colors and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic coloring, Carla! Love the papers and colors you chose. Really fab take on the sketch, per usual! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowers - beautiful card Carla! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Carla,en hoop you have a fun time!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Carla I love your beautiful coloring of her hair. Such a wonderful card. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always blow my mind with your amazing coloring, this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty card. You did a beautiful job on it, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So stunning Carla! Fantastic image and love your coloring.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is precious - love your coloring!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunningly beautiful, Carla! Amazing colouring and a fabulous design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carla, this card is stunning! Your coloring is always so perfect. Thank you for using one of me free sentiments and for showcasing it so beautifully.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowee, another stunner!! Absolutely fantastic colouring and such a beautiful image = totally gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh goodness this is gorgeous! Love your coloring Carla. Beautiful design too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card... your colouring is amazing!
    Hugs,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. Fabulous image and so beautifully colored.

    Great choice of patterned papers and a great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla