Friday, July 12, 2013

Yee-Haw!

Hi there!  Hope you've had a good week and you have fun plans for the weekend!  I am a bit late with my DT post for this week's Alcohol Markers Challenge at The Outlawz site.  Our theme this week is "Wild West/Rodeo".  I am sure you can come up with some fun images to color up for this theme!  Please be sure you've used alcohol markers (any brand) on your project.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Perfect Plum and the patterned papers are from the Webster's Pages Western Romance and Hollywood Vogue Petite Papers packs.  The fun image is from a digi set called Horsing Around from Bombshell Stamps, our sponsor for this month's challenges.  I was generously provided with this image for the challenge.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added Eucalyptus and Gold Stickles to her boots.    The sentiment is from the same Bombshell set.  I colored it with Copics and added Stickles to make it sparkle!   I finished my card with some brown gingham ribbon and a metal star charm tied with twine.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Alcohol Markers Challenge and check out the super fun creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along!  One randomly-selected participant in the July challenges will win a great prize from Bombshell Stamps!   There are also lots of fantastic site-wide prizes up for grabs when you enter the challenges at The Outlawz!  

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch & Stamp #164 (Joni's sketch)
Through The Craftroom Door Challenge (anything goes)
Tammy's Scrapin' Corner #70 (animals)
Divas by Design (use a charm)

Here is the sketch:
Have a great evening!  I am home now, but it might take me awhile to settle in and get by to visit.  I will as soon as I can. Many thanks for all your kind comments and support while I've been gone.
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Awwww Carla this is sooo cute...I love your coloring of this cute cute image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card, Carla! Love your coloring & DP! Great design & details on this, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, what a fun card. Love the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, what a cute image! Love all the great details and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun image Carla! Love the soft colour scheme too, makes it really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny image. :) So cute, Carla.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fab Carla… what a wonderful image!! you've coloured it beautifully! I love the gorgeous papers and embellishments…the little star charm is perfect! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! The colors are so unexpected and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation. The image is so hilarious! Love the added bling on her boots. Thanks for joining our "Animals" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a great card Carla...I love, love this image and those boots are wonderful...On a pig...heehee made me laugh...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your image and those sparkly boots. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, just makes you want to go to the rodeo! Which I love to do!! Love your papers and your coloring is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Divas By Design, good luck!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card. Wow, those are stylin' boots. That girl is having a blast but that pig doesn't look too happy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card (love the boots!!) Thanks for joining in on the animal challenge at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner this week. Good Luck!
    Trudy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute card. Thanks for joining us this week for "Animals."
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. hee hee What a fun card Carla. She's pretty good to stay on that pig. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha Carla, what a fun card....love your details too!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is darling, Carla, and expertly colored. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cutie and a fun card.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card!

    I love how you colored that cutie Bombshell image and the boots!

    I also love the color scheme!

    Great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla