Thursday, September 6, 2012

Little Miss Muffet Challenge #43 - Guest Designer

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  As you can well imagine, given the hour, I'm letting Mr. Blogger post this for me while I am still sleeping!  I have some super exciting news to share today!  I was invited to be a Guest Designer for the Little Miss Muffet Challenges in September!  I am thrilled and honored to have been asked and I am really looking forward to sharing my creations along with the amazingly-talented LMM DT this month!  Today starts a brand new challenge.  The theme is "writing".  We are to use a book page or text background paper for our creation.

Here is my card for the challenge:


I used SU Sage Shadow for my card base and mats.  My text background is patterned paper from the Echo Park Victorian Garden 6x6 pad.  I used other papers from the same pad for my sketch panels.  My sweet image is Butterfly Kisses from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  You can find her in the Little Misses section of the store.  She is printed on Neenah Solar White and colored with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles to her flip flops, shirt and the butterfly.  I cut her out and had her "sit" on a Spellbinders Lacey Circles frame.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few Wild Orchid Crafts flowers finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the design team!  I know you will be wowed by what they have to share!  We hope you will be inspired to join in on the "writing" challenge.  You have just under two weeks from now to enter your project.

I am also entering my card in the Sketch Saturday Challenge #223.

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Carla!!
    Sleep well lol!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I love the design with the layers and beautiful papers! Superb coloring on your image--love how you have her sitting on your die cut! (How in the world did you cut out that tiny butterfly?) The sentiment goes with your image perfectly! I love when that happens! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Carla. Welcome to LMM! It's such a pleasure to have you. And you've started with a pop. This is a beautiful card. Fab papers, lovely colours and a super layout. Can't wait to see what you do next. Have a great week. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla this is gorgeous, beautiful design and love the softness of these colours. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Carla! I love the image you have used and your layout is just fabulous!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to let you know I saw your card at Little Miss Muffet so had to come by and tell you how wonderful your card is. Love the softness of your colors and your coloring is so wonderful. Just love how you have her sitting on your die cut. Wonderful paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carla, just love your card, your colouring is superb, and great colours. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo Hoo, congrats on the GD spot! Your card is so pretty. I love the soft dp's paired with the more vivid image. I don't know how you were able to get that tiny butterfly popped up, but it looks like it's just floating there. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the guest spot and very well deserved too :) A lovely, soft and elegant card, so very pretty. Love the floating butterfly too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and fab layout, she is colored beautifully too. Wonderful creation Carla, so glad you are join us this month. Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, Carla. Congrats on the GDT postion. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colour combo, lovely colouring, lovely papers! All in all - this is, well, LOVELY! I also love how you have done your watermark! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful! Love the papers you used! Congrats on being guest designer at LMM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the simplicity of the card design on this one and the beautiful damask papers. Really pretty! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carla, welcome to LMM !
    What a fabulous start , your card is delightful!
    Love the layout !
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla