Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Easter

Hi again!  I'm back with a second post today.  Sorry about that, but there was a challenge I wanted to enter and it closes soon.  I had made my card, but didn't have a chance to load it before now.  It is for Sweet Sketch Wednesday #144.  It is also for this week's Whoopsi Daisy Challenge (punch it out) and Digital Tuesday #151 (think spring).

Here is the SSW sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Lovely Lavender and layered with SU Gable Green and patterned papers from the Best Creations A Walk In The Park 6x6 pad.  I just love the pretty spring colors and sparkle of these papers!  My image is from Whoopsi Daisy.  It was generously offered by Linnie as a freebie for one of the previous challenges and I never got to use it then.    I printed it on Cryogen White and colored with Copic markers.  I added Stickles here and there for some extra sparkle.  It looks great in real life, but the glitter made it hard to get a good photo.    I used three different punches - Martha Stewart's Arch Lattice Edge Punch and Butterfly Punch and a McGill mini tulip punch.   The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  It was part of Paulette's April Club.  An orchid satin bow finished off my card.

Thanks for stopping by again!  Have a great evening and I'll see you soon.
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Flowers, butterflies, ribbon and an adorable image, it just doesn't get any better than that. Darling card, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such a beautiful Easter card. Very sweet image & I love the glittery butterflies. Thanks So much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This couldn't be any cuter! Perfect Easter creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Love the colors and fun fill of spring. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Carla! So springy...love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Carla. this is just adorable. I love your soft spring colors and a gorgeous image. it is the cutest Easter card ever! Thanks for joining us. I am glad you made the post in time.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, such a beautiful card...love the sparkle! She is adorable in her basket of tulips. I love Easter....for both the religious holiday and the jelly beans, lol.
    Hope you are well! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    hugs...Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card Carla - your colouring is always wonderful and you have such fantastic papers as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is fabulous. Your colouring of that fabulous image is wonderful. I love the combo of papers also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carla what a perfect Easter Card, I do love your lovely image and your wonderful choice of colours, your lovely embellishments with your butterflies that glitter, this is one very pretty card. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, that glitter will throw a monkey wrench in photos every time, but it's so pretty on your card. :-) Adorable image Carla. You've matched the papers perfectly. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla this is adorable!!! Your coloring is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling card, Carla. And thank you for your comment on my Craftchaos blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable and sweet! Love the image and you coloring, including the glitter. So glad you could join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carla, that image is so sweet. I love the soft coloring you chose to color it in and for your paper. Very pretty card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet and pretty Easter card, Carla! I will have to check into that tulip punch...my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet Carla and love the glitter!! Sweet design on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous and so sweet Carla. That image is adorable and your coloring is beautiful. Got to love the glitter and the beautiful DP. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your creation is so sweet and the paper you have used goes perfectly with the sweet image. The design work and bow are gorgeous!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla