Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday At Heartfelt Creations

Good morning! It's Wednesday and time for the Heartfelt Creations Design Team to share new creations with you.  Today's post is bittersweet for me as it is my last one as part of the current design team.  For a number of personal reasons, I decided not to try out for another term, but I am surely going to miss working with Linda, Emma Lou and my wonderful teammates. Linda and Emma Lou have been so very generous and inspiring and I will always be grateful to have had the opportunity to design for such a fantastic company!  Of course, I will continue to follow the Heartfelt Creations blog and the blogs of the new team.  Congratulations to those on the current team who are staying on and to the very talented new members that were announced today!

Here is one of my projects shared on the Heartfelt Creations blog today:


All of the instructions for creating this card can be found on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  Briefly I started with a card base of GKD heavy base weight white CS and layered with a Lipstick Red panel embossed with one of the Sizzix Ornate Frames embossing folders.  I added a doily created with the Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily die.  I stamped the candle from HCPC 3419 Holiday Poinsettia Candle several times onto GKD Lipstick Red, Fresh Asparagus and Sweet Corn CS.  I cut out the green holly leaves from Fresh Asparagus and the candle from Sweet Corn with scissors.  I cut out the poinsettias from Lipstick Red with Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities.  I sponged the pieces with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw and Fired Brick Distress Ink and paper pieced the base image.  The poinsettias were popped up on foam tape.  I added some gold seed beads to the flower center.  I added Liquid Applique to the candle to look like melting wax and Scattered Straw and Gold Stickles to the flame.  The sentiment from HCPC 3430 Shepherd Scene was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White and added to the card with Scor-Tape as shown. 

My card is also for the current weekly challenge on Joan's Gardens' blog where the requirements were to use a die, use a Christmas sentiment, use some kind of light and use red and white as the primary colors.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations blog to see the gorgeous creations from the rest of the design team and to see the announcement about the new design team!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. It's been such a pleasure seeing all your projects with HC products over the past 6 months Carla. Your colouring and designs are always so elegant. Good luck for the future I know you'll be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another gorgeous creation!!!! Even though we won't be on HC team together, we'll stay in touch here in blog land. Best of everything to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always difficult to change directions. I will miss playing with you each week! But I will continue to follow your blog as I love your creations. This one today, is another gorgeous work of art! Good luck in whatever path you take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card Carla. Love their stamps too. I love the poinsettia you made, great job on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card Carla, gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card. Can not wait till I have that stamp. So Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant Carla! I love your creations and I will also continue to follow your blog and stay in touch. I enjoyed designing with you!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card Carla. I will miss seeing your beautiful work on the HC blog but will be following you on your blog. I really love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is so beautiful
    you did very good
    like every thing on your card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla this is beautiful. I love your coloring. I always like candle images for the holidays. Your doily is perfect for this candle. I am sure they will miss your creations. 80 here today 50 tomorrow. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla