Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Color Me Creative Classroom Copic Challenge

Good morning!  It's pouring down rain here today and although we do need it, it sure is dark and dreary out there.  It's a good day for getting things done indoors.  My craft room could use some serious cleaning and organizing.  Maybe today will be the day I finally do it!  And a quick update on my laptop - it's officially fried.  The hard drive completely failed and will have to be replaced.  I'm waiting for FedEx to deliver my recovery disks and then hopefully the Geek Squad will be able to get it back up and running and also restore my data. I hope this is the last of this spell of computer woes!

Anyway, on to my card.  Today I'm sharing the card I made for the current Copic Coloring Challenge (#27) on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom site.  The challenge is to color an image with only black and white or sepia tones and a pop of only one other color.  I don't have all the markers I would have wanted to do sepia tones, but I did the best I could with what I do have.

Here is my card for the challenge:


I started with a square card base of GKD Cranberry Tart and layered with a sepia-toned text paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Christmas 6x6 pad.  My beautiful angel image called "Sending Peace" is from Mo Manning and can be found in Mo's store here.  I colored her with E40, E42 and E43 and added a little E000 just to her skin.  I colored the ribbon on her dress and the doves with R59 for my pop of one color. I sponged around the edges of the image panel with Antique Linen and Pumice Stone Distress Inks.  A double-loop satin bow and a Webster's Pages Medallion Sparkler finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day and hope you'll visit again soon!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. A masterpiece!!! Simply amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carla. I love the look of the reds and craft color cards stocks and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful "Sepia Tone" card Carla!
    Thank you for joining us as CMC!
    Hugs, Marie,
    CMC Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on this angel:-) thank you so much for joining us at Color me creative
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Love the image too. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla