Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday At Heartfelt Creations

Good morning (it is still morning, right?)!  I'm posting late again today - I can't seem to keep a stable internet connection here!  As soon as it seems to be fine, it goes out again.  I sure hope to get it resolved soon, because this makes me crazy (even crazier than usual)! Anyway, it's Wednesday and that means it's time for the Heartfelt Creations Design Team to share new projects to inspire you.  Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations blog to see the gorgeous creations my team mates have shared today!  You won't be disappointed!

Here is one of my projects that was shown today:


I decided to create a pretty box that could be used for storing A2 sized cards and envies, but this box could have many other decorative uses.  I used a tutorial I found on StampTV for the construction of the box which starts with an empty Kleenex box.  All the dimensions and instructions for assembling the box are mentioned in the tutorial.  I used GKD Fresh Asparagus for the base box cover.  The patterned paper is all from the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime collection.  To decorate the front of the box, I stamped the basket from the HCPC 3411 Woven Basket set wth Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cryogen White Iridescent.  I also stamped some flowers from HCPC 3407 Botanical Floral 2 and some leaves from HCPC 3405 Leaf Medley onto Cryogen.  All the images were colored with Copic markers.  I cut out the basket with HCD 714 Decorative Layered Basket Die and popped it up on the front of the box with foam tape.  I cut out the flowers with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies and the leaves with a Spellbinders Foliage die.  After shaping the flowers and leaves with a stylus, they were adhered to the basket with Zip Dry glue and layered with Pop Dots. Some adhesive pearls in the flower centers finished my altered tissue box.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to check out the Heartfelt Creations blog for some wonderful inspiration!  Now, I'm off to check out some blogs while my internet is still working!  Have a great day!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card box, love the colors and added dimension to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little box ,Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your box! The colors are just perfect and there is so much dimension to the project...just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Carla, I love how your design paper perfectly matches your flowers - just luscious!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorggeous! The box is so beautiful, love your flower filled basket with the perfect matching paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation Carla! So pretty in your colour choices too!!!!
    Oh and your blog let me leave a comment today yeah!!!!
    Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla