Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tuesday Trigger - Oh So Lovely

I'm back to share a card I made for the Tuesday Trigger challenge on Moxie Fab World.  I loved this week's inspiration photo with the aged chair and gorgeous blooms!  

Here is this week's trigger:


I am also submitting my card to this week's Color Challenge (CC0308) on The Outlawz site.  The colors for the challenge were pink and orange and the "March Madness" extra was to include flowers.

Here is the inspiration photo:


Isn't that cake gorgeous?  I thought the colors of the flowers were similar to those in the Trigger bouquet.  For both, I was inspired by the colors and the flowers.

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of GKD Sweet Mango and layered with Bubblegum Pink. The dotted patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Sugar Rush 6x6 pad.  The cake image, by One8edegree Studios, was a freebie quite a while back from Aifactory. I colored it with Copic markers and added a few tiny coordinating gems.  The roses are a combination of Primas and Recollections (Michael's). I stamped the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs set, Hope Grows, with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Layering Weight White and created a little banner.  Tied it with a scrap of pink embroidery floss and that was it.

Thanks for having a look!  Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is so yummy!!!! the flowers just set it off, gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for both of those triggers.. I LOVE cake. My all time favorite food. I really like your little pennant at the bottom. Great job Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla! Oh wow... this is so perfect for both challenges! Love these colors!!! Your flowers are so pretty! Love the cake image! I really love your new banner! Boy you have hit blogger running gf!!! Took me forever to figure out how to make my banners! See you Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carla! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla