Friday, March 7, 2014

Wistful Fairy

Hi again!  I back with a second quick post today.  I didn't think I'd be back, but I found a little time to finish a card I was working on, so I thought I'd share it.  It's a card for someone special to me, but it fits a couple of challenges, too.

Here it is:


My card base and mats are SU Pool Party and the patterned paper is from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 6x6 pad.  The beautiful image is Wistful Fairy from Delicious Doodles.  I printed her on Hammermill Digital Color Cover Stock and colored her with my Copics.  I did a bunch of sparkly detailing with my Viva Décor Bronze Pearl Pen, Icicle and Star Dust Stickles and a Sakura Gelly Roll Star pen. I had the hardest time getting the sparkle to photograph well.  It just shimmers in real life!  I added a doily and a butterfly cut with the Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly die.  I finished my card with a few Wild Orchid Crafts roses (two Aqua Open Roses 20 mm, a Ivory Open Rose 25mm,  a Ivory Open Rose 20mm and two Pastel Green Open Roses 15 mm).

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by again!  I'll have something fun for you tomorrow so hope you'll pop back then!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge #98 (wings and things)
Creative Fingers Challenge #26 (anything goes)
Delicious Doodles March Facebook Contest (for a special lady)

Have a wonderful evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Carla. I see a lot of sparkle but I know what you mean about trying to get it photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carla, this is so beautiful!! Really love the sparkle!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is simply stunning! I just love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful, Carla.. I've been MIA lately- flu which turned into a bad case of bronchitis...feeling better the past two days so I am making my rounds...this is such a gorgeous image and the colors you played with just bring her to life. As for the "sparkle", the way I manage to get that into my photos is that I point my photo tent light onto the image (don't situate it too close) or place the card lying down under a halogen type light and then I move my camera to the position where I see the sparkle, then snap the shutter. I also sometimes will hold the photo light with one hand and have camera in the other (after card is set on table or stand) and move around with the light while looking through viewfinder and once I see that sparkle, I stop moving and take pic. Hope it helps as I can see that image looks like it is layered in diamonds!! Beautiful work!!! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Such a pretty image, I love your colour scheme and the delicate butterfly.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Carla - I love the paper you used!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Carla...I love the sparkle. The designer papers are beautiful as are the colors. One of the prettiest cards I have ever seen. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Carla, what a gorgeous, gorgeous card! The DP and color palette is so dreamy! Your image is beautifully colored and all of that sparkle is wonderful! Love your design, flowers, and fab die cuts! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! So sparkly and stunning!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, this is such a lovely card and you have used the WOC products in such a beautiful way!! The colors you have used are exquisite and so pretty!! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Wildl Orchid Challenge and we look forward to seeing you again real soon...Big hugs...Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, she is amazing Carla! So sparkly and regal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla