Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Elphine House Australia Challenge #54

Hello!  Happy Tuesday (Wednesday in Brisbane)!  Hope your week is going well so far!  I'm still busy organizing, but I at least have a clear desk to work on for now. Love it!  After an extended challenge last time and a bit of a break over the holidays, we are back with our first Elphine House Challenge of 2014 and back on our regular monthly schedule.   The theme this time is "lots of layers".  This was relatively easy for me since I love to pile on the layers most of the time.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Baja Breeze and the patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Kate & Co. Cambridge Court 6x6 pad.  The beautiful image is Carrie Swan Princess from Elphine House Australia.  She is definitely one of my favorites!  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added the grass, sky and clouds with my Copics, too.  The sentiment is from an old retired SU set.  I added a few Wild Orchid Crafts 25 mm Pink Open Roses and 15 mm Yellow Tone Roses.   A triple-loop seam binding bow, a button with some twine and a few pearls finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Elphine House blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT!  We hope you will play along!  All you need to do is follow the theme using any Elisabeth Bell image! You have until Tuesday, February 18th (Brisbane time) to enter your project.

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Wild Orchid Crafts #94 (button it)

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. You're so good at doing these gorgeously pretty cards - another stunner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a splendid, cheerful card. Sweet image and love all your pretty roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla, This is a stunning card! Your papers are gorgeous and the colour of the card base is so pretty! Carrie will be happy that you have used one of "her" stamps! Since Helen and Lew named the stamps after her she googles the names every so often to see who has used "her" stamps!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet and girlie, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and lovely colours!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous, along with your desing and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed this challenge has your name written all over it. You have a real knack for piling it all on for sure, but you have to be because of what seems to be your endless supply of gorgeous papers and embellishments. Surely they have to be showcased for all to see and admire. Your wonderful coloring makes everything complete. Tootles :)S

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real pretty card, Carla, As always, your coloring is spot on,

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty this is Carla. Makes me think of spring...Lovely coloring and flowers are beautiful...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazingly insightful story, if only it was as easy to implement some of the solutions as it was to scan and nod my head at each of your points

    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Lovely spring colors for your sweetie and her swan Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your layers, Carla! The DP is gorgeous--love the palette! Your image is so sweet and beautifully colored! Love your die cut and beautiful embellies, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous design Carla!! Love those beautiful papers and the layers look luscious on your card! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautifully done. I love the dp you used with the die cut so pretty how all the colors coordinate with how you did your layout. :D I like how you colored your image, too.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla