Monday, November 4, 2013

Vintage Christmas

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  I hope you had a good weekend and your week is off to a great start!  It was a beautiful weekend here, but I still can't do much.  My card-making is coming in fits and starts because it's difficult for me to sit for very long.  Likewise, I can't spend much time sitting at the computer.  Hopefully, this will improve every day and I'll get back to my normal routine.  I did manage to sit long enough to create a Christmas card for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.

Here is my card:


It's rare for me not to have a colored image on my card, but I found this beautiful vintage Christmas image in my files and I knew it would be perfect for my card.  The image is Baby Jesus in the Manger from The Graphics Fairy.  The card base and mats are SU Soft Sky and the vintage patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye All is Bright 6x6 pad.   I added some White Guipure Lace and Cream Seam Binding from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I surrounded the image with Wild Orchid Crafts Ivory Open Roses, Aqua Open RosesIvory Hip Rose Buds and Mint Green Closed Rose Buds.  A small button from my stash finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to spend a little time visiting this afternoon.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge #89 (ribbon and lace)
Sketch 'n Stash # 125 (sketch)
Crafts-Too Challenge You #5 (November theme: vintage Christmas; Twist 1: monochromatic)

Here is the sketch:

Have a great day!
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you can;t sit for long hope it goes better real soon Carla!!
    Your card is so pretty!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card. You have used such beautiful papers to compliment the image and your design is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Carla and so it has such a nice peaceful feeling to it. Don't overdo your sitting and card making. Hope to hear that you are getting more relief very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful...love the image. That's a lot of white and pastel for you. Different, but awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....just beautiful, Carla. What a lovely image and you've dressed it up with vintage elegance. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this is just gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty vintage card, Carla! Love your design & details! :^)
    Hope you get stronger & more pain-free each day!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the greenery over baby Jesus : ) Gorgeous image! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow is this stunning Carla! That vintage card is a perfect focal point and I love all those lovely soft blues. Take care of yourself. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the colours, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A feeling of calm and peace comes while looking at this gorgeous card Carla. Whether or not you coloured the image, it is so beautiful and it makes you feel the real reason for the season. I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble sitting :(
    It will get better! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely vintage Christmas card! Love all the sweet details and the image. Well done! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This vintage look is perfect. Feel better, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful with such a wonderful soft vintage flair.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carla, this is gorgeous. Love the vintage look. Hope your back keeps improving- I'm sure it's hard for you to be unable to do the things you want - sorry for your loss of control.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Carla this is so Gorgeous and elegant i love it
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my God!
    This is a fantastic creation. Gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at Sketch N' Stash- challenge.
    Hugs Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carla this so beautiful. Just love everything you have created on this amazing piece of Crafting .Ina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love the colours too, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. *Picking up jaw off floor* Stunning in every way!!!
    Sitting is one of the worst things and took the longest for me. Hang in there - it does get better!! Sending lots of hugs and healing vibes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Carla - this is so beautiful. Gorgeous colors and design.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely Carla...The color combo is just beautiful...And of course I love those layers...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooh what a lovely card! thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
    xx, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card, Carla - love the colours and beautiful embellies! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash, hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla