Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Christmas Magic

Good morning!  Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week is off to a great start!  I took a bit of a break from cards and my blog the last few days for some much needed "family time".  I am back today with a card for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.  I made another Christmas card, but this one is less "mailable" than my last couple.  This one might have to be hand-delivered!

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Soft Sky and the patterned papers are from the We R Memory Keepers Winter Frost 6x6 pad.  The adorable image is Christmas Dance from Lili of the Valley.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her in soft tones with my Copics.  I added Gold Stickles to the stars and some Christmas White glitter to her fur trim.   I framed her with a frame I cut with my Cameo. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got the cut file.  If you recognize it, please let me know so I can give credit.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I used lots of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers: White Cosmos Daisies, Off-White Carnations, 15 mm and 25mm Ivory Open Roses, White Sweetheart Blossoms and a spray of White Gysophila.  I finished my card with a double-loop satin bow and a pretty flower-shaped flat back pearl.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be around to visit later today.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley Monthly Challenge (make it festive)
Lili's Little Fairies Challenge (Christmas in August)
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #83 (anything goes)

Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. AW!! She's so sweet Carla! Love the touches of sparkle and your flowers are so pretty! :) someone will be very happy when you hand it to them! Glad you had some family time! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Carla...great colouring and gorgeous flowers...too bad I live abroad, so you can't hand it over to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW-Carla, your card is gorgeous. It is mailable in a padded envelope, but I wouldn't want to chance it. Those flowers are beautiful. Love that die cut, well love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Carla, this is so soft and precious. What a darling image and your flowers/ribbon are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, somebody is going to be lucky to receive this one! :^) Love the pretty pastels, the DP, the gorgeous flowers & die cuts, and that beautifully-colored, darling image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carla this is such a pretty card! Thanks for joining in Lili's Little Faries Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, this is gorgeous. I love this image, one of my favorite LOTV images and love your color choices, so beautiful. Your cut file, your papers and your gorgeous coloring make for one gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see total sweetness in your card. Oh and the colors are so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft colors and bit of sparkle on this one! the image is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful color for Christmas! It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! The colour scheme is super pretty and I love the touches of sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies this week and good luck :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely, Carla! She's a real cutie. I love the colours and embellishments too. Thank you for stopping by. I'm a liitle jet lagged. It's 3am here and I'm wide awake! LOL
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww! This is soooo BEAUTIFUL! Love the soft gorgeous colors and all those STUNNING flowers!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really don't think Christmas cards come any prettier than this Carla.
    Beautifully done - just perfect!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Carla. The soft icy blue and beige are a great color combo, one of my faves. You can always count on a huge dose of cuteness with LOTV stamps. Wonderful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carla,

    She is gorgeous! Such lovely soft colours and I love that frame!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Make it Festive' challenge, good luck!

    Hugs Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Lovely soft colours and a super cute image, beautifully coloured as always. Love those gorgeous flowers too, even if they do make it a 'hand-delivered' one :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweetie, your card is absolutely beautiful!!! And you have used some of my very favorite WOC products!!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Wild Orchid Challenge and we hope to see you again real soon!! Big hugs...Jacque

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla