Thursday, January 31, 2013

Copic/ProMarker Challenge - The Outlawz

Hi there!  Hope you've had a good week and you are looking forward to a fun weekend!  This is the first of a few posts I'll have over the next day or so.  Tonight, I'm here to share my DT card for this week's Copic/ProMarker Challenge at The Outlawz site.  The theme this week is to be inspired by "the color of your birthstone".  If you want to use a different month's birthstone, that's OK, but don't forget you must have some coloring with alcohol markers, any brand, on your project.

Here is my card:


My birthday is in March and my birthstone is aquamarine so I went with soft aqua tones for my monochromatic card.  My layout was based on a sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp that I missed doing for their challenge. My card base and mats are SU Pool Party and the patterned papers are from the Kaisercraft Chapter One 6.5x6.5 pad.  My sweet image is Starr by Elisabeth Bell for Sweet Pea Stamps.  I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Make it Colour Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added some Green, Eucalyptus and Star Dust Stickles for a little extra sparkle.  The frame was cut with my Cameo using a free cut file called Fancy Frame 2 from Leza at Krewella Kreation.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A triple-loop bow of dyed seam binding and three Wild Orchid Crafts Cherry Blossoms (FS-00023 and FS-00187) finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the Copic/ProMarker challenge and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT.  We hope you will play along!  The February challenges are being sponsored by "yours truly".  One randomly-selected participant in our challenges will win a $15 gift certificate to Mo's Digital Pencil.  Mo's shop is full of wonderful images that are perfect for every occasion!


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge #69 (anything goes)
Anything Goes Challenge #85 (monochrome)

I'll be back later with my DT card for the new challenge at Guylou's Inimitability!  See you soon!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh I love that color! My mom's birthday is in March too. That's one cutie patootie mermaid Carla. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love all EB images but this one is extra precious. Love the soft aqua's you used and love the pretty cuts you've used. Fab job Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this is gorgeous, Carla! I love the monochromatic aquas! Soooo pretty! Love the DP, the design, & your beautifully colored image, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

    Regards Malin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super caard and gorgeous image. The colouring is gret as are all the design details you have included on this. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this time. Carol xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Carla. I love the pretty colors. That sounds like a fun challenge and one I haven't seen around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image and I love the soft colour palette you chose. I really really like that fram too!
    Beautiful card Carla!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet and beautiful card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Carla. Love the colors and I love your darling mermaid.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so sweet. Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, Love those colors and they are so soft and the added sparkle is just perfect. The mermaid is so cute. Love the papers and the flowers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Carla! Love the soft colours and the frame is beautiful, as is the very cute image :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card with gorgeous colors!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen this image! I love it!! What a darling creation!! Fabulous colors and beautiful design my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw this on the TLC Creations blog and had to comment. This is so pretty! wow! The colours are beautiful and your colouring is gorgeous! Stunning card Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an adorable mermaid. Great coloring and design. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, so pretty and the colors are gorgeous! The shading in her hair is done done beautifully. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla