Saturday, June 2, 2012

Basket of Roses

Good morning!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  I'm hoping things will be a little slower this weekend and I can get a bit of crafting done, but we'll see.  I do have a card to share now that I made for a couple of challenges.  It is for Lili's Little Fairies (anything goes), Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #51 (BINGO -see below) and finally The Play Date Cafe Challenge #134 (see inspiration colors below).

Here is WOC BINGO card.  I chose the middle row - ribbon & lace, flowers and pink.


Here is the PDCC Color Story:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Blush Blossom and layered with patterned papers in the PDCC colors from the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody and Follow Your Heart Be Happy 6x6 pads.  I machine-stitched around all the sketch panels. My sweet Lili Of The Valley image is Basket of Roses.  I stamped her on Cryogen White and colored her with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles to the butterflies and the ribbon in her hair.  I also added Buttercup Liquid Pearls to the scalloped circle mat.  The pretty roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts (Two Tone Peach Wild Roses 30 mm and Floral Foundations Earth Tone Roses 15 mm).  Some lace and Kraft taffeta ribbon finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend and I hope to be back soon with some other things I'm working on!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Such an adforable card. Beautiful colouring and I'm loving all the stitching around:)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla lovely stitching and totally gorgeous image! Your colouring is amazing and I love the little pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla...this is so cute. Such a soft feel! Love it! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card Carla! Great embellishment and a super cute image. Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Carla! Love the papers you used for your colors! Really love the way you placed the roses on the rose paper! :^) Very cool! Your image is darling; love how you framed her with the scalloped circle plus pearls! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty - love the soft feel to this and such a very nice layout too. A real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with Ms. LilyPinkScraps! This is just beautiful. I need to try sewing, again. My first try was a disaster! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! LOVE the stitching--and your image is darling! Fabulous coloring and amazing embellishments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these colors and you've colored that little sweetie so beautifully. Gorgeous card Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Carla. I love your layout and beautiful design. You get so much done, one or more cards a day and all the commenting you do. You are my hero! All that and your color so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is so stunning. Love the image, colors and fabulous design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabulous card Carla, such a cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card. Beautiful coloring of that great image.

    I also love the design and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,Carla! All of your work is just beautiful. I have run out of adjectives, so, if you find that I am repeating my comments, it is only because you repeat your brilliance design after design after design!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carla- THis is simply gorgeous... so love this card! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Carla she is just adoable, i stamped her at a friend's house yesterday so u have inspired me to color her

    hugz
    shamela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is adorable. The colors are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How can you not love these images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you are too young to be so talented!! You are supposed to go through the school of hard knocks. Remember the starving artist!! Carla your creation is gorgeous and I do love everything about it. I am not sure how you did everything but I will study every jot and tittle.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty with the darling image. Your stitching is such a wonderful extra on your cards. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa...you've been busy, GF!! I love this card too...such pretty coloring and design work!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beyond precious! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you've carried the floral theme throughout your design and your coloring is superb!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable, Carla! Way to rock the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a lovely card!
    Love the image ♥
    Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla