Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mo's DP2 Challenge - World Traveler

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  Can't believe how the week has flown by!  But here we are - it's Thursday and time for another fun Mo's Challenge!  Elaine is our hostess this week and the theme is "world traveler/different cultures".

Here is my card for the challenge:


I started with a card base of SU Bashful Blue and layered with patterned papers from the Prima Meadow Lark 6x6 pad.  My sweet Mo's image is Kimono.  You can find her in Mo's old store here.  She's always been one of my favorites!  I printed her on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles to her kimono and the flowers in her hair.  A triple-loop satin bow and three Wild Orchid Crafts flowers (1 Small Flat White Gardenia and 2 White Cherry Blossoms) tinted with my Copic Airbrush System finished my card.

I am also entering my card in the Wild Orchid Challenge #50 (anything goes) and Sketch Saturday #208.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit Mo's Challenge blog and check out the gorgeous creations from my amazingly talented teammates!  We hope you'll be inspired to play along!  For every 25 entries, Mo awards a $5 GC to her store!  You can't win if you don't enter!

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. love how soft it is, absolutley gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla...I just love this card. The pastel pinks and blues are just perfect...so delicate ...and so perfect for this sweet little Mo image! Your coloring is gorgeous, as always!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Those colors are amazing together - you've created a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the soft colours Carla, they make her so delicate and soft! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this card is so pretty. Your little Kimono girl is colored perfectly and I love the touch of the flowers in the corner. Thanks for inspiring me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't she adorable Carla!! And I love how the flowers look kinda Oriental too.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shes so cute Carla,gorgeos card!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you did this sweet image in pastels....so gorgeous. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, from world traveller to another, she is gorgeous. beautiful colors and dp. Just simply love. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Carla. Love the soft colors and design. It is usually in bright colors so this was a nice surprise to see the pastels. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Carla, ooh your card is so beautiful, Ilove this mos image, andyouhave done her so pastelly and goreous!!! thank you for being my latest follower its ever so kind of you hunnie, have alovely day huggies June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, beautiful colours and sweet, adorable image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet image and I love the lighter colors! Just gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Carla. :-) All those beautiful soft colors and a sweet as can be image. Pretty card design too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic!!! Love the colors and the dp, she is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet :) Thanks for joining in with us at WOC this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carla!!! This i wonderful - beautiful colors and design to go with this oriental cutie. Your coloring is perfect - I cannot get over her sash - looks like real silk!! Beautifully created - so delicate!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, so precious! Lovely, soft colors, adorable image, and great design! Love this, Carla! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. very pretty card, Carla, beautiful colours and colouring!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow fantastic image and lovley colours

    This week at Sketch Saturday we have a Blog Hop and i have some lovely goodies on My Blog

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise
    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is an absolutely stunner! love how you've captured the Asian theme and I love love love that blue paper

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic card with such a delightful image and choice of pastels! You are so clever with nuances and paper-image coordination!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so soft and sweet. I love the way you colored her with pink and blue. I started using the X-Press paper and love it. It is so easy to blend with. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh Carla, this is just so beautiful, I love the soft pastel shades you've used on this hun, it's so gorgeous!!.
    Hugs from over the pond Sheila xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE your colors and this image is soooo darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla