Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Is In The Air

Hi again!  I've been running around all day, but got home and finished up a card that I had started before I left, so I'm back to get it posted.  It is for the new B 'n W Challenge (spring is in the air), the Wild Orchid Challenge #47 (spring is in the air) and Sweet Sketch Wednesday #149.  It was perfect that the first two had the same theme!

Here is SSW-149:


Here is my spring-themed card:


I started with a card base of SU Orchid Opulence and layered with a springy patterned paper from the Prima Meadowlark 6x6 pad.  I used my Martha Stewart Floral Vine Deep Edge Punch to create the center panel then layered it with some pretty blue satin ribbon.  My adorable Elisabeth Bell image is Belles 'n Whistles Wishes.  I chose her as my prize when I was lucky enough to have won a previous B 'n W Challenge.  I stamped the image on Cryogen White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with my Copics.  I added a bit of Stickles to the dandelions and some of the little flowers.  I cut out the image and mat with Spellbinders Classic and Scallop Circles, then added some Baby Blue Liquid Pearls to the scalloped frame.  The sentiment is from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I finished my card with a 25 mm Blue Tone Rose (EX-00035), 20 mm Mixed Open Roses (FM-00452) and 15 mm Earth Tone Roses (EX-000003) from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Thanks for stopping by again!  I love when you visit and I always appreciate your comments.

Have a great evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Carla - how gorgeous is this!! Stunning colouring and i love the papers and colour combo!! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and what a cute image...it goes without saying that your coloring is perfect, as always, lol! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carla, this is soo cute. I love your sweet image. You have done a beautiful job coloring it up. Perfect DP and embellishments. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty soft colors. She's just as sweet as can be! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image and so beautifully colored.

    Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! I love Elizabeth's images! Your card is so springy...makes me want to go out an soak up the sun!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    This is so pretty - the colors are lovely! Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is adorable. The image is colored so beautifully and I love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Carla this wishing well is the sweetest. I love your papers colors and sweet embillishment. Couldnt be sweeter. Have a sweet day. Arlana@ssw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this gorgeous card, wonderful image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours are fabulous. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Spring colors on your card and the image is so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this, the image, your coloring, the layout, fantastic card all over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So stinkin' sweet and beautiful! Gorgeous flowers too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talk about soft and beautiful! I love this! The image is so sweet and your coloring is FAB as always! Thanks for the love on my blog, I do so appreciate it!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous Carla! Beautiful colours!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Carla she is adorable! Love the colours they're so soft and spring like. I've got to use my liquid pearls more often, yours are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colors and design work. Goodness gracious Carla, you always make such pretty cards. As they say here in the mountains of North Carolina. Your cards are a sight for sore eyes!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling card, your coloring and color combo is pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!! I love all your spring colors and the image is just darling.
    Hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet card, cute image & gorgeous colour combo. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. You certainly achieved that wonderful Spring look with this one....love the deep punches and what a beautiful image. So glad you had time to play with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Precious image AND card, Carla! It certainly says Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carla this is a stunning card. The colors are divine, the papers so beautiful, the image perfectly colored and the perfect choice of embellishments. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

    Regards Malin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla