Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mo's DP2 Challenge #110 and More

Good morning!  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates the holiday!  I am going to be very busy cooking later, so I'm popping in quickly to share the card I made for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge.  It is Thursday, after all, and I couldn't miss my favorite challenge - lol!  This week the theme is "elves, fairies, Santa or snowmen".  My card is also for two other challenges I like to do when I can - the Wild Orchid Week 37 Challenge (a child's Christmas) and Digital Tuesday #138 (sparkle and shine).  They both worked perfectly with the Mo's challenge theme this time.

Here is my card for the challenges:


I picked this sweet fairy called Christmas Fairy Holly for the Mo's Challenge.  She can be found in Mo's store here.  I thought she'd be perfect for a Christmas card for one of my nieces.   I started with a card base of GKD Fresh Asparagus and layered with patterned paper from the Webster's Pages Home For The Holidays/Winter's Wings Petite Papers pack.  I printed the image on Cryogen White and colored her with Copic markers.  I added lots of sparkle and shine to the image with Stickles, glitter and Glossy Accents.  She is cut out with Spellbinders Classic Circles and matted with Spellbinders Lacey Circles. I added some beautiful Wild Orchid flowers (Champagne Pink Roses, Champagne Pink Gardenias and Deep Ivory Cherry Blossoms that I airbrushed with Copics).  A double-loop silk bow and a Webster's Pages Sparkler finished my card. 

Many thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful day!  See you soon!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning!!!! Love everything about your card!!! And congratulations Carla, you are the winner of Clear Dollar Stamps' blog hop!! Please contact Cassie at cassandratrask@yahoo.com to claim your prize!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla,
    What a beautiful card! The lovely image is colored wonderfully and her wings look awesome. The DP could not have been more perfect with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Carla. I love Mo's images and this is one of my favorites. Great coloring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so elegant, Carla! The bow, paper, and flowers are beautiful with this sweet image! Happy to see your work in Mo's Challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla this is BEAUTIFUL!!!, she looks simply devine in pink & that bow!!! wow it's just gorgeous!.
    Thanks for joining us again this week at DP2, I always look forward to seeing your entry :-).
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Hope you stop by Clearly iStamp as you are the winner from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww they will love this Carla. I love the soft colors and this paper. This is one of my fav images. Hope it was as nice there as it was here. NC misses you. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!! I love that image she is so cute. You did a wonderful job coloring her in Pinks. Your flowers are beautiful and so is your bow.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love your coloring and the dp is perfect. The green scalloped frame and the flowers are gorgeous. Happy Thanksgiving to you (a little late) and thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge this week. Always so happy to see your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Carla! I bought that digi a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to use it. Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Carla! I am absolutely in love with this card!!!! Such delicious colors...and that bow! YIKES! I love it! Such gorgeous DP too! And, oh, this Mo fairy is just soooo dang cute! Beautifully colored, my sweet friend! Always such a treat to see you here at Mo's DP2 Challenge! Hope your Thanksgiving was fab! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most precious card ever. The image is divine and I love your ribbon and beautiful flowers. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is gorgeous, Carla! The Webster's Pages are so lush and exquisite; always loved the and they are in perfect harmony with this gorgeous Mo image.
    It's simply gorgeous!
    Glad you could share it with us at Mo's this week!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Such a stunning card! Gorgeous wings on your little fairy!!!
    Thanks for joining in the WOC Challenge this time around!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla