Thursday, October 27, 2011

CASE Study #63

Hello!  I'm back with a second post tonight!  I promise to keep it quick.  I'm back because I wanted to share the card I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge #63.  This is the final week for the fabulous October muse, Niki Estes.  I've really enjoyed CASEing Niki's beautiful cards this month!

Here is this week's inspiration card from Niki:

Here is my CASE card:


I was inspired by Niki's layout and the large stylized flower with a stamped background.  I changed up the colors and images on mine. I started with a card base of GKD Lipstick Red and layered with GKD Green Apple and Cryogen White Iridescent.  I stamped the background corners with the holly image from Heartfelt Creations HCPC 2291 Regal Poinsettia 2 set and colored the images with Copics.  I stamped the large poinsettia from the same set onto Cryogen White with Memento Tuxedo Black and also colored with Copics.  I cut out the poinsettia and a few leaves and popped them up on foam tape over circles cut from Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Circle Nestabilities.  I did a bit of machine stitching with gold thread around the background and image panels.  Some red and gold rhinestones finished my card.

Thanks for visiting again!  I'll be back tomorrow morning with my DT card for the Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site!  Have a great evening!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. stunning work here and those colours are super duper awesome .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla this is absolutley gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Carla! I have those poinsettia stamps .. love how you used them on this card along with the holly swirls! I've also got the petite poinsettia's on my wish list, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Carla! I love that poinsettia, one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card and great coloring work on your poinsettia Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Carla, hope you are well...your card is gorgeous, the poinsettia is soooo pretty...hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is simply amazing! I am so not good at it--I'm always amazed at other people's talent at it! :) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing stamping and your colouring is out of this world! Great card, as always :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla