Thursday, October 20, 2011

Card For a Couple of Challenges

Hi there!  I'm back with a second post today because I wanted to share the card I made for two challenges I like to do.  I knew I'd get busy and miss the deadlines as I so often do, so I'm loading my card right away! My card is for The Play Date Cafe #104 and CASE Study #62Niki Estes is the fabulous October muse at CASE Study. 

Here is Niki's beautiful inspiration card:

And here is the PDCC104 Color Story:


Here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Green Apple and layered with patterned paper from the Bo Bunny Jazmyne collection.  I thought it would be perfect because it has all three of the challenge colors.  I kept the same layout as Niki's card.  I stamped the sentiment from a very old SU set called Lexicon of Love with Pale Plum then stitched around the image panel.  I spritzed a Prima flower with Sugar Plum Fairy Glimmer Mist to make it a shimmery mauve color then added a yellow pearl to the flower center.  I finished my simple design with a couple of leaf branches cut from Green Apple with one of the Spellbinders Foliage dies.

Thanks for stopping by again!  I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for the Copic/Promarker Challenge on The Outlawz site!  Have a great night!
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Love how you combined those two challenges, great card and perfect for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful take on Niki's card. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card -- you hit both challenges right on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love this one, it's breathtaking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness Carla this is stunning!!! I LOVE the colors and really hope I can play sometime with this challenge! You rocked both challenges, that's for sure!

    Hope all is well with you! We're still wading through paperwork and red tape, but we know God will provide!!!

    Thinking of your Mom too and saying prayers for her adjustment to the change and peace of mind!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color combo, Carla. Great take on the challenge. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning! Fabulous job with the flower--so soft and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Wow, Carla! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and your CASE of Niki's card is superb! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining us at both the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you used the color combo. And a very good job on the CASE as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply gorgeous, Carla!! So elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous, Carla! LOVE that soft blossom, and the apple green is good enough to eat! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY! This is sooooo gorgeous! I love your paper that you used and this sketch/case challenge was a great combo with our color story! LOVE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!
    I really wonderful card!
    I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla