Sunday, October 9, 2011

Card For A Couple of Challenges

Good morning!  I hope you've had a nice weekend so far!   I plan to get out and enjoy what's left of it!  Before I do, I'm popping in to share a card I made for a couple of my favorite challenges.  I've been so busy lately that I haven't had enough time to play in all the challenges I love.  My card is for CASE Study #60 and this week's Our Creative Corner challenge which was a color challenge.

Here are the OCCC colors:


The new muse for October on the CASE Study Challenge blog is the super-talented Niki Estes!  I love Niki's work!  Here is Niki's gorgeous card we had for inspiration:


Here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of Chocolate Chip and layered with Pool Party and papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two Breeze 6x6 pad.  I followed Niki's sketch pretty closely but changed up the colors and theme a little.  Some lace, dyed seam binding and a few adhesive pearls finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Your visits mean a lot to me!  Hope to see you again soon!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful CASE and I love how you used those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Carla. I really like this sketch. Sorry I have not visited lately. Blogger is giving me fits and not letting me comment. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!I love the texture your seam binding bow adds to your card and I simply adore the MME papers - I just can't get enough of them! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carla! Love the seam binding bow and great sketch. Your cards are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet vintage feel of your card, Carla. Terrific job on combining the challenges and great work with our colors. What a lovely autumn card you have created. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on Niki's card - the seam binding treatment adds such a sweet vintage touch!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Carla, is this ever pretty! I just love that scrunchy seam binding and the overall vintage-feel to your card. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect layering, great colours and papers. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my ... this is just lovely, you have used these colours beautifully for our colour challenge this week, and I absolutely adore your ribbon treatment!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla