Thursday, August 25, 2011

Card For A Few Challenges

Hi there!  I am popping back in quickly to share a card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  If you are looking for my GD card for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge, please click the link or scroll down one post.  It's been a long time since I was able to participate in the challenges.  My move sure had me messed up!  I am still searching for some of my supplies, but I am sure they will turn up somewhere.  Let's hope so.
Anyway, my card is for last Saturday's Our Creative Corner Challenge which was a sketch challenge.  It is also for today's CASE Study Challenge #54 ( to make a card with our own signature style) and for The Play Date Cafe #96 - Mint, Ivory and Coral.

Here is the OCCC sketch:


And here is the inspiration photo for the PDCC Challenge:



Finally, here is my card for the challenges:



My favorite "signature style" is vintage, shabby chic so I went with that look.  I started with an A6 size card base of SU Groovy Guava and layered with SU Sage Shadow.  The patterned papers are all from the Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection.  I thought of them right away as soon as I saw the color palette.  I added a lacey doily which I sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I dyed some seam binding coral to match my papers using reinkers and Glimmer Mist.  The sentiment is a digi that came in Digital Package 2 from the Help 4 Katie drive earlier in the year.  I cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Circles Nesties and layered it on an ornate tag created with Spellbinders Parisian Motifs.  Some stitching and a few ivory pearls finished my card.

Thanks for visiting again!  Have a wonderful evening!  See you tomorrow...
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Carla, this is INSANELY gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card. I love the dp you chose and that bow is fabulous! Thanks for visiting my blog for the Flourishes Customer Appreciation Blog Hop. I hope you'll visit again soon. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layers! The soft colors are wonderful and your hand-dyed ribbon is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us on Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and soft, this card makes me want to smile :) I am very jealous of your shabby-chic ability!

    An absolute beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty! I love your layers and then the softness of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers and such wonderful softness and feminine style! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your card is beautifully stunning! I love what you did with the sketch and the colors are gorgeous together! how pretty! the faux half pearls add some elegance to your card, as does that seam binding. And who would have thought that groovey guava and sage shadow would look so fabulous together! great card, and a winner for me!
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Carla...this is just stunning! I love the texture and the gorgeous colors you used. And that bow is to die for! So glad you joined us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shabby chic! All those layers are just gorgeous and I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shabby chic card! Absolutely love all those details :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've wowed me, Carla, with your vintage treasure. I love that doily, the die cuts, the patterned paper, the bow. So much to love! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous! LOVE the details and the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card jumped out at me over at Playdate Cafe, so I had to come see! It is absolutely gorgeous! I think my "signature" taste/style is the same as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! love all the pearls and the pretty ribbon. Thanks for playing along at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla...oh my...this is lovely! The pearls and doily are just the perfect accents here!!! Wonderful layers of pure beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really beautifyl Carla ... such a lovely soft and pretty card, love all the little details that just add to the beauty of the card .... your signature style is just fabulous!
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So soft and pretty - you've nailed the colors with such a wonderfully shabby chic card. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so elegant. I'm loving the shabby chic feel and the colors that you've used. Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla