Thursday, May 5, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #38

Good afternoon!  Hope you are having a great day so far!  It's a beautiful spring day here - I need to get out there and enjoy what's left of it!  Before I do, I have a card to share that I made for CASE Study Challenge #38.  It's the first week of the month so we were introduced to the new muse for May - the amazingly talented, Sarah Martina Parker!  I love Sarah's style and I am looking forward to casing her this month!

Here is Sarah's gorgeous inspiration card:


And here is my card:


My card is also for this week's POM Challenge (Pom505) on The Outlawz site which was to make a Mother's Day card using any other medium besides Copics or Promarkers.  I used simple stamping and sponging with dye inks for mine.  I am also submitting my card to the May Challenge on the Webster's Pages inspireMe site, which was to make a Mother's Day or Father's Day card using Webster's Pages Petite Papers and either Webster's flowers or stamps. 

I kept the same basic layout of Sarah's card and used a similar style of embellishments.  I changed the colors, papers and stamps on mine.  I started with a card base of Papertrey Aqua Mist and layed with patterned paper from the Webster's Pages Trendsetter/Ladies & Gents Petite Papers pack.  I stitched around the border with my sewing machine. The sentiment is a partial from the Heartfelt Creations Sentiments For Mom set.  It was stamped onto Cryogen White Iridescent and cut out with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die then sponged with SU Groovy Guava while still in the die.  I created a frame with a Spellbinders Scallop Circle die cut, to which I added Liquid Pearls.  This was popped up over a doily from my stash.  I made a triple loop bow from seam binding with my Bow Easy.  A Webster's Pages Bloomer and a simple pearl stickpin finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you'll be back to visit again soon!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh Carla this card is STUNNING! I love the soft colours & the amazing attention to all the details!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking, Carla. The little details have created such a perfect piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Carla! This card is STUNNING! Soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, I saw your card at Inspire Me and had to go to your blog to see the details!! This card is SO pretty and sweet!! Well-done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is just GORGEOUS! Love the papers and colours you chose here :) It's just making me say, "ahhhhhhhh...."

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is very very pretty! I love yoru interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carla I LOVE this one!!! This is just the style I love! Love the big Websters bloom! I need some of them!!! :) Hope you had a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the soft colors, and beautiful doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Carla! The colors are so soft and everything looks so feminine. I love that! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super pretty, Carla! I love the light blues all throughout your card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla