Friday, May 27, 2011

CASE Study #41 (and more)

Good morning!  I hope you are having a great day!  I know I am looking forward to the holiday weekend and a little break from the action!  Today, I'm here to share a card I made for a few challenges this week.  First, it is for CASE Study #41.  Sadly, it's the last week with the wonderful May Muse, Sarah Martina Parker.  I love her work and I have really enjoyed the opportunity to case Sarah this month.  My card is also for this week's Color Throwdown #143.  We could pick our own color combo from the colors in the swatch.  Finally, I am entering it into this week's Prismas and Other Mediums Challenge (Pom526) on The Outlawz site which was "anything goes". 

Here is Sarah's gorgeous inspiration card:


Here are the CTD colors:


And here is my card for all the challenges:


I started with a card base of SU Pink Pirouette.  My background papers are a combination from the Pink Paislee Sweetness and Prima Annalee 6x6 pads.  I stamped two vintage frames.  The larger one is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels #5 and it was cut out with Spellbinders Labels Five Nestabilities.  The smaller frame is from Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels 2.  It was cut out with Spellbinders Labels Fourteen.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Spring Cardinals set.  I did a bit of machine stitching on the right border.  A silk ribbon bow, a few buttons and little lace trim finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful long weekend!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so pretty and feminine - a perfect girly birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is like a piece of sweet candy! I adore this! :) Thanks so much for your compliments, and for such an awesome CASE! I will miss playing along as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I love the colors you chose. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!!! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a darling card, carla! that cute lovely labels is on my wishlist! be sure to check the crafts meow tomorrow to see if you won, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is beautiful Carla! Love all those gorgeous, vintage colors and the wonderful lace as well! A lovely CASE of Sarah's card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla