Saturday, May 21, 2011

Card For Two Challenges

Good morning!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!  The weather is supposed to be beautiful here and I can't wait to get out and enjoy it!  First, I am here to share a card I made for two challenges: The Play Date Cafe Challenge #82 and CASE Study Challenge #40.  On the CSC blog, we are on week three with the amazingly talented May Muse, Sarah Martina Parker.  I love Sarah's work and was happy to have a chance to play along again this week.

Here are the PDCC colors:


And here is Sarah's beautiful inspiration card:


Here is my card for both challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Soft Sand and layered with patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden 6x6 pad that had all the PDCC colors.  I machine stitched around the second layer.  I added a doily from my stash and some twill ribbon dyed to match with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Mini Message Cursive and it is embossed with white EP onto Soft Sand to make my tag.  A Zva Creative pearl flourish and a Prima flower finished my card.

Thanks for dropping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Carla! Love the pearl flourish and the pearl in the flower center! Incredible, as usual. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card! Love the paper and pearl flourish. Perfect ribbon treatment and gorgeous flower...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card - I love that you've decorated the inside too (I can just peek in to see it!)
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, soft card. Your flower and bow are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is jaw dropping gorgeous! The how elegant it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! So elegant, I love your pearl flourish, it just adds something even more special to it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so very Pretty Carla!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, I'm in love! That is one gorgeous card, Carla. THanks for playing with us at The Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Carla! Love the muted earth tones, the gorgeous pearl flourish and the darling fabric flower! An awesome job on both the CASE and the colors! So glad to have you join us at both CASE Study and PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that paper is perfect for these colors. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Carla! I'm glad you played! :) This is a beautiful card - so soft and sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla