Thursday, April 21, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #36

This my second post today.  I'm back to show you the card I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge #36.  It is Week 3 with the amazing April Muse, Silke Ledlow.  I've never seen a card of Silke's I didn't love!  It's been so much fun getting to CASE her this month!

Here is Silke's beautiful inspiration card for this week's challenge:


And here is my card:


It's hard to change much when Silke's cards are so perfectly designed!  I kept her layout and theme the same, but changed the colors, papers and stamp sets.  I started with a 5 1/2" sqaure card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  My patterned papers are from the Prima Madeline 6x6 pad.  I stamped the floral image and hummingbird from Heartfelt Creations Angel Trumpet Flower set with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers.  The floral image panel was cut out with Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities.  The hummingbird was cut out with scissors and popped up on foam tape. The sentiment from Heartfelt Creations Mini Message Cursive set was stamped directly onto the card base.  I added a double loop satin bow and button and some of Silke's signature silver pearls to finish my card.

My card is also for this week's CAS Challenge (CAS0417) on The Outlawz site which was to make a spring-inspired CAS card.  Flowers and hummers scream spring to me!

Thanks for coming by again!  I truly appreciate your visits!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. wonderful take on Silke's card! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively gorgeous! The humming bird is beautiful; lovely job on the coloring, and what a sweet little sentiment! Happiness Always to YOU! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just stunning. I just love hummingbirds. I can never get enough of them! I have never heard of a case study before. I must find out about them!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning! your card is stunning! stunning....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything with humming birds! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - such a cute little hummingbird! you cased Silke well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous, you know I love the images, your coloring is fantastic!!!Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Carla your card is beautiful, a perfect take on the challenge and the image is stunningly colourd
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are so gorgeous. love the red and green. Have a happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Carla this is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is fantastic and I love that hummingbird!!! I hope you have a very happy Easter!!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. I can't wait for our hummers to arrive. Your coloring is fantastic. Hope you had a blessed Easter. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, what a gorgeous case! Love the image you used and this card definitely puts a big smile on my face :)!!! Thank you for playing along..hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done, loving your coloring on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, love the images and your bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a simple design (true to Silke's style), but it's stunning! I wouldn't believe there are so many hummingbird stamps around, if not this week's challenge! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great CASE! You really captured Silke's style! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla