Saturday, April 9, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #34

Good evening!  This is my second post today.  Still trying to get caught up!  My card is for this week's CASE Study Challenge #34.  It's the first challenge of the month and they have a fabulous new Muse for April, the amazing Silke Ledlow!  I love Silke's style - so clean and fresh but always with such gorgeous layering and embellishments!

Here is the beautiful card of Silke's we were to CASE this week:


And here is my card:



I obviously didn't change much!  I kept Silke's layout and used similar images and embellishments.  I changed the colors and stamps.  My card is also for last week's CAS Challenge (CAS0403) which was a color challenge.  Here are the colors:

I started with a card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  My patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Sultry 6x6 pad.  I scored and pierced acros the top of the card as Silke did.  The butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  The leaf stamp is from Gina K. Designs Hope Grows set and the sentiment is from the GKD Sending Sunshine set.  I added some silver pearls to the scalloped border and the butterflies then finished it with a light pink satin bow and Basic Grey button.

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by again!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Yours is just as pretty as Silke's card! Love the colors! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is soooo beautiful! Airy, springy and simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla this is gorgeous, and yes I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carla-- Love your inspiration (Silke rocks) and how you put your own spin on her layout -- both are drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have certainly captured the essence of Silke's style in this beautiful card! The colours are soft and subtle, the butterflies stunning!
    Thank you for joining in the Silke fun at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great creation from you! Lovely, graphic design and I love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful take on Sile's card, you even have her signature silver pearls. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla