Friday, April 29, 2011

CASE Study #37

Happy Friday!  I am so glad it's nearly the weekend!  It's been a busy week and I never really felt caught up at all!  I finally had a chance to pop in and share the card I made for CASE Study #37. It's the last week with the amazing April Muse, Silke Ledlow.  Silke has provided such wonderful inspiration all month!

Here is Silke's card we were to CASE this week:


And here is my card:


I kept Silke's layout just about the same.  I changed up the colors and stamps for mine.  I started with a card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White and layered with patterned paper from the Pink Paislee 365 Degrees 6x6 pad.  I embossed the patterned paper with the Cuttlebug Grace's Frame folder before adhering to the card base.  I punched the border of a white panel with a Martha Stewart Combo Deco Shells Edge Punch, then scored a few lines with my Scor-Buddy.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations Faith Heb. 11:1 set.  It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Spellbinders Petite Oval die cut. I also stamped a couple of flourishes from Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels 2 on the sentiment panel.  I created a triple loop bow from Martha Stewart Craft Seam Binding with my Bow-Easy.  A few adhesive pearls and a Recollections flower from my stash finished my card.

Oh, and my card is also for last week's Sketch Challenge (SC0420) on The Outlawz site.  The sketch was remarkably similar to Silke's layout so it worked perfectly!  Here is that sketch:


Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back late tonight for another CSS Alumni Blog Hop.  I hope you'll have time to check out this fun hop!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love your colors and the verse. Great job.
    Just signed on as a follower.
    Huggeroonies,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla,

    Your card is stunning. I love the soft greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, may I just say WOWZER! Drop dead GORGEOUS!!! Love the embossing folder you used and the BV is wonderful! Thank you so much for playing along this month!!! BIG HUGS ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Stunning!!! Really eye catching!!! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sentiment. It is one of my all time favorites. Gorgeous card Carla..You won on my blog for Mo's Blog hop.. A gift certificate to Mo's and an image from Zoe..:) I will post it tomorrow on my blog..Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! class, elegant and totally beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! An absolutely perfect CASE. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh!! This is so incredibly pretty!! Perfect card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this stunning card. Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla, this is gorgeous! Your creations are always fantastic and CONGRATULATIONS on your win at CASE Study!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla