Sunday, April 17, 2011

CASE Study #35

Good morning!  I hope you've had a nice weekend so far!  We had some scary weather here yesterday.  There were very serious and damaging storms in the vicinity in the afternoon and evening.  Thankfully, we made it through with no damage and today it's absolutely gorgeous again.  Before I head out for the day, I wanted to share the card I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge #35.  It's Week 2 with the fabulous April Muse, Silke Ledlow, and we had another of her gorgeous creations to CASE this week:

Here is Silke's card:


And here is my card:


I kept Silke's general layout and the fruit theme.  I changed the papers and stamp sets for mine.  I started with a card base of GKD Fresh Asparagus and layered with Webster's Pages Sweet As Cherry Pie Petite Papers.  I stamped the cherries from Heartfelt Creations Luscious Cherry Swirls twice with Memento Rich Cocoa onto GKD Layering Weight Ivory and colored both images with Copic markers.  I cut out the main image panel with Spellbinders Curved Rectangles and layered onto a Fresh Asparagus die cut.  I cut out the second cherry image with scissors and popped it up over the base image with Pop-Dots.  The sentiment is also from Heartfelt Creations Luscious Cherry Swirls set.  I added Glossy Accents to the cherries to make them shiny.  A satin bow and a few red adhesive pearls finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Carla, I am so glad that you are alright. They had it on our news here last evening and I was worried for you and yours. I am sorry there was so much damage in your area and it sounds like down in Sanford, they really had a rough one.
    Now about your card: Love the dimension to the cherries and they look real enough to eat. Beautiful choices in your papers. Take care and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Carla. You are so good with Copic coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! These cherries are about to jump right off the page! Amazing colouring, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS case Carla! I'm so thrilled you joined the fun :) !!!Thank you forplaying and your kind words ...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Carla, your paper selection is beautiful and I agree with Chupa, the cherries really pop off the card!
    Thanks for joining in the fun again at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla