Saturday, April 2, 2011

CASE Study #33

I'm back to share one more card before I take off for a few days.  I really had to scramble to get all my favorite challenges done this week!  My card is for this week's CASE Study Challenge #33.  It is the last week with the wonderful March Muse, Julee Tilman.  I've thoroughly enjoyed casing Julee's beautiful cards this month!

Here is Julee's card for this week:


And here is my take on Julee's card:


I kept Julee's sketch and style the same, but changed the colors, papers and images.  I started with a card base of GKD Chocolate Brown and layered with Papertrey Aqua Mist.  The patterned papers are all from the Prima Madeline 6x6 pad.  My card is also for this week's Prismas and Other Mediums Challenge (PM0331) on The Outlawz site which was to use any medium but Copics and to include stitching.  I chose to use Distress Inks as my medium.  I stamped the label from the Gina K. Designs set, Lovely Labels 2 with Peeled Paint Distress Ink then sponged with Tumbled Glass DI.  The sentiment, from Hope Grows (GKD), was stamped with Walnut Stain DI. The sentiment label was cut with Spellbinders Labels Fourteen and popped up on foam tape.  I stitched around the background panel with my Janome Sew Mini.  I distressed the white Kaiser flower with a little Tumbled Glass DI.   The lace trim is from the Webster's Pages Ladies & Gents Trim Card.  A butterfly punched with a Martha Stewart punch finished my card.

I appreciate you coming by again!  Unless I can manage an auto-post while I am gone, I'll see you again next week.
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Carla, you did a beautiful job with this case...Julie is so talented and so are you. Beautiful choices in your images and papers. Tfs and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!!!! I'd say you aced another one, be safe and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards fabulous! I love butterflies and your flowers are perfect for the BG and images!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla this is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carla, you did it again! I love these Prima papers, and your shading on the label!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla this is gorgeous! I love the butterly in that color and how it's a lovely contrast to the patterned papers you chose. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh Carla... this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE this dp and your distress inks are so pretty! Love the label you used and the flower! So pretty! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly can't bet your colour combination is this stunner, a beautiful tribute to Julee's creation Carla!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Can't wait to work together on Heartfelt's Team...Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and welcome to the team!!! Looking foward to working with you! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Carla!! Welcome to the HC DT! I got so happy when I saw your name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Carla and Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations DT!!! Your work is BEAUTIFUL and I cant wait to see more :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla