Monday, March 14, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #30

Hi there!  I finally got a chance to sit down and post the card I made for last week's CASE Study Challenge #30.  This is the second week with the wonderful March Muse, Julee Tilman.  We had another gorgeous creation of Julee's to be inspired by this week:

Here is my take on Julee's card:


I kept Julee's layout about the same, but changed the colors, stamps and embellishments.  I started with a card base of Papertrey Aqua Mist and layered with GKD Smoky Slate.  The patterned paper is from the Webster's Pages Spring Market/Yacht Club/Country Estate 6x6 pad.  I punched a slate border with the Martha Stewart Modern Garland Border Punch.  The focal image and mats were cut with Spellbinders Scallop and Classic Circle Nestabilities.  I embellished the various borders with Liquid Pearls. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs, A Charmed Life, and the script is from the GKD Botanicals set.  Both were stamped with SU Basic Gray.  I airbrushed a white Prima with Copic markers. I finished my card with a double-loop bow of ivory wrinkled silk ribbon.

Before I go, as promised, here is a photo of my stamping friends and I when we met at our LSS on Saturday!  Betty was kind enough to snap a few pics before we headed out.  It was great to see old friends and meet new ones, too!  From left to right, Grace N., Carla S., Judi R., Linda F. and Dawn B.


Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. OMgoodness Carla I love your case study card! You TOTALLY rocked this one gf!!! That focal image is soooo pretty there! Just a beautiful combination of dp, stamps and layout! Hey we do look like a happy bunch there too! I had so much fun! It was great seeing you! Can't wait to do it again! Coffee in Statesville??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, you always make the most gorgeous pieces of art, glad you had fun Sat. Which store did yall go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Carol and love the colors!! What a sweet picture of you all...oh I hated to miss out on that but hope to catch you all next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where to start with this beauty carla! The subtle colours, the papers, the sentiment....... all combine for a super stunning card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla