Sunday, March 6, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #29 and Color Throwdown #131

This is my second post today.  As promised, I am back to share a card I made for a couple of challenges: last week's Color Throwdown #131 and CASE Study #29

These are the colors for the CTD challenge:

Being the first week in March, there is a new muse for the CASE Study challenges for the month.  The March Muse is stamping superstar, Julee Tilman of Verve stamps fame!  Julee's style, for the stamps she designs and for her cards, is awesome!  It will be a thrill to CASE her this month!

Here is Julee's card for this week:
Here is my card for both challenges:


I kept Julee's layout roughly the same and I tried to keep the vintage feel.  I also had to give a try to the fan at the top of her card because I've never made one.  Otherwise, I changed the colors, stamps and the embellishments. I started with a card base of SU Not Quite Navy and layered with Baja Breeze.  All of the patterned paper is from the Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby 12 x 12 pad.  I used one of the pink patterns to make my fan.  The sentiment frame is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels Four set.  It is stamped with NQN onto GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels set and it is stamped with Baja Breeze.  I dyed some seam binding with Pink Pirouette Reinker and tied a triple loop bow with my Bow Easy.  I added a Prima that I airbrushed with a pink Copic marker.  A bit of pretty lace from my stash finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by again. Have a good night and see you tomorrow!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Carla- this is gorgeous! Love the colors you chose and just overall layout! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very pretty! I really lik ethe lace and seam binding. It's just wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, this is awesome! What a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with the CTD this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soft and beautiful! Love your vintage accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty vintage card!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! So glad you could join us at CASE Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. an amazing mix of challenges Carla, I love the accordian and the touch of lace!
    Thanks for joining us at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla