Saturday, March 26, 2011

CASE Study #32 and Joan's Garden's #11

Good morning!  I can't believe it's been a week since I was able to post here!  What a busy week it's been!  Now we have wonderful friends visiting for the weekend so we are going to be on the go all the time!  Before everyone gets up, I am sharing a card I made for two challenges this week.  First it is for CASE Study Challenge #32.  We had another gorgeous card from March Muse, Julee Tilman, to be inspired by. 

Here is Julee's card:

My card is also for Weekly Challenge #11 on Joan's Gardens' blog which this week had the following requirements:
-use peach and teal
-use butterflies
-use something frilly

Here is my card for both challenges:


I tried to keep the layout and the vintage feel of Julee's design.  I changed the colors, papers, sentiment and embellishments.  My card base is SU Sage Shadow and the layers are SU Groovy Guava.  The peach and teal patterned paper is from the Bo Bunny Gabrielle collection.  I cut out three butterflies from the patterned paper and added a few tiny chocolate pearls to their bodies.  The die cuts are from the new Spellbinders Parisian Accents set.  The birthday sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set, Picture It.  My "something frilly" is the ruffled lace border at the bottom. A shabby seam binding bow and a a few Kaiser pearls finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a fantastic weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. oh Carla this is gorgeous!!!!! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla is is gorgeous. I don't even know where to start because everything on this card is perfect. Thanks for joining us again in the weekly challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautiful card ~ You totally "cased" it perfectly! Absolutely Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely AWESOME Carla, soft, subtle and oh so elegant!! I love your striking colour selection, such a clever idea to cut the butterflies from the paper!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.Carla! This sketch is perfect for showing off your elegant style! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, you card is totally gorgeous. I love the soft colors and everything about this card.

    Thanks so much for joining us for Joan's Gardens #11 Weekly Card Challenge. what fun!!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS Carla!!! Oh I love that dp and the Parisian accents are fab! I just got mine today...can't wait to break into them! You did a great job with both challenges!!! LOVE this! Hope you had a great visit with friends!!!
    hugs,
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! Love the colors & those butterflies are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Carla! Those butterflies are just darling and the trims and ribbon are beautiful! A lovely CASE indeed! So glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Carla! This is fantastic! I love all the soft colors! And those butterflies are just gorgeous. So glad you could come play with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla