Friday, February 11, 2011

CASE Study #26 and Joan's Gardens Challenge

Good morning!  I had hoped to post this yesterday, but time got away from me.  I made a card for this week's CASE Study Challenge #26.  It's week 2 with their wonderful February Muse, Eva Dobilas.

Here is Eva's card we were to CASE this week:


Here is my take on Eva's card:


My card is also for Weekly Challenge #7 on Joan's Gardens' blog, which this week had the following requirements:
-designer paper for the background
-no other stamping except a sentiment and frame
-any embellishments
-add dimension

I kept Eva's layout the same, but I changed the colors and patterned papers and I used different embellishments. My card base is GKD Pure Luxury Black Onyx and my layers are SU Blue Bayou.  I used patterned papers from the Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue/Wonder FALL Petite Papers pack.  I punched the borders with the Martha Stewart Modern Garland punch.  The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Fanciful Tag set and the frame is from Lovely Labels 2.  I finished my card with a small pearl flourish, some stitched ribbon and a white Prima rose that I airbrushed with touch of soft blush.

Thanks for your visit!  Be back later with another card to share!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is gorgeous, Carla! Lovely colors and the paper is fab! Great case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSZERS! What a beauty! AAA+++

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I found you from Joan's Garden challenge. I am so glad I do not have to pick a winner. Everyone would win.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful Carla! You really are rocking all these challenges! How do you find the time?!!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, wow goreouse card!! Love the DP you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! love the patterned paper and flower!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla