Thursday, February 24, 2011

Card For A Few Challenges

Good afternoon!  Today I am sharing a card I made for a few different challenges.  With my crafting time at a premium lately, it's great when some of my favorite challenges seem to work together.  First, my card is for this week's CASE Study Challenge #28.  Sadly, it's the last week with the super-talented February Muse, Eva Dobilas.  I've really enjoyed being inspired by Eva's wonderful work!

Here is Eva's card that we were to CASE:


Last week, I found the Play Date Cafe Challenge site when their color challenge was combined with the CASE Study challenge.  I decided to play over there again this week. 

Here is the inspiration photo and the colors for this week's challenge (PDCC70):


I also decided to play along in my first challenge on the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge blog.  This week's Challenge #71 was to use springtime colors and handmade flower embellishments (and of course, a Mo's image).

And finally, my card is for today's Prismas and Other Mediums Challenge (PM0224) on The Outlawz challenge site.  The challenge there this week was to use punches.

So here is my card incorporating those four challenges:


I kept Eva's layout roughly the same and I also used a girl image and a sentiment.  I made mine an A6 size card instead of a square and I changed up the colors to match the primary colors from the Play Date Cafe challenge (tangerine, aqua and kiwi).  I chose this adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil, called Wonderful Day.  I colored her in the fresh spring colors of the PDCC challenge with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  The bottom of my card is punched with an EK Success border punch like Eva's and as called for in the The Outlawz challenge.   I created the handmade ribbon flower with Offray gingham ribbon and a button from my stash.  The patterned paper I used was from the DCWV Cafe Mediterannean Matstack.  I finished it with a simple grosgrain ribbon bow.  Phew!  I think I got everything!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Have a great evening!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely image, must check out Mo's Digital Pencil site. Lovely colours and shapes and lots to see:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big wow! Carla, you are one of my favorite cardmakers for sure. I love your card, your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the colors, papers, and your ribbon flower. Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol what's funny is that I found Play Date Cafe first, then checked out CASE Study when they had the team up last week. :-) I've bookmarked them for later.

    Love how seamlessly you combine challenges! It never looks forced, it just flows. Gorgeous card and fabulous inspiration! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and bright, what a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carla...my goodness, you've been busy!!! I love all of these cards. You are uber talented, m'dear! I can't tell you how excited I am that you've decided to join us in this week's challenge at Mo's! This is such a fun challenge blog...and Mo's images are the most fun to color, aren't they?! Looking forward to see much more of you hunny bunny! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, what terrific coloring you've done on your images! We're so happy to see you play with us again at the Play Date CAfe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image beautifully coloured, love the papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design on your MO's card, the bottom scalloped edge is so pretty as are your colors and coloring. :-)
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Mo’s DP2 Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed last week's combined challenge - it's lovely to have you back. This is such a pretty card, great choice of image and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Carla...what an adorable image you've chosen and colored so expertly! Love all the wonderful details and accents, especially that cute orange gingham ribbon! A fabulous take on Eva's inspiration card and great combination of the Play Date's colors. So glad to have you back after last week's Combined Grind challenge! Thanks for taking the time to join us at both CASE Study & the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable, and just love all of your bright cheery colors!! Great job on this weeks challenge at CASE Study, thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Theses are so sweet. Have you crossed over to a little whimsical stamping? Great job. Stay warm. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Carla! I LOVE this! There's so much eye candy in one card! GORGEOUS! So glad you could join us at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your coloring is amazing on that cutie image. Such a fun and cute card. Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla - both cards are adorable! Love the MFT image and the colors of the Mo's Digital.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla