Friday, January 28, 2011

CASE Study #24 and Joan's Gardens Challenge

Happy Friday!  For a while there, I thought Friday would never get here!  I really hoped to be here sooner today, but life had other plans!  I have a card to share that I made for two challenges - this week's CASE Study Challenge #24 and the Weekly Challenge #4 on Joan's Gardens' blog.  On the CASE Study blog, this is the last week for January muse, Mercy Kerin.  Mercy's cards have been so inspiring and it's been really fun to play along all month!

Here is Mercy's card for this week:


Here is take on Mercy's design:


I kept Mercy's basic layout, a sentiment as the focal image and three flowers for embellishments.  I changed the colors, the stamps, the papers and the type of flowers.

For  the Joan's Gardens challenge, the requirements this week were:
- use yellow and green as primary colors
- use some trim
- create a window
- use some embossing

I started with a card base of SU Old Olive and layered with patterned paper from the Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue/WonderFALL Petite Papers which I embossed with the Cuttlebug Iron Works embossing folder.  I created a window with Spellbinders Long Rectangle Nestabilities.  My sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set, Eclectic Summer Sayings.  I added some Webster's Pages pleated trim and three paper roses I created using scraps of Webster's DP.  A couple of chocolate pearls on the embossed elements finished it.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back later with my card for a fun blog hop with the Center Stage Alumni team from StampTV!  Hope to see you then!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...I love the yellow and green...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC Carla! Love your dp and layout ... SO SPRINGY! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! Love the designer paper you chose and the layout if wonderful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Carla,. Great papers and the embellishmets are terrific.

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #4 Weekly Challenge. Your cards are always such a nice addition!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love your choice of paper and flowers, and love the ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ribbon trim is stunning, the colours devine! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week Carla! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla