Friday, January 21, 2011

CASE Study #23

I've got a busy day ahead so I'm dropping in quickly to share a card I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge #23.  Mercy Kerin is the January muse and I'm really enjoying CASEing her great cards!

Here is Mercy's card for this week:


And here is my take on it:


I used the colors from last week's Color Challenge on Paper Craft Planet (pcpcolor88, week2) which were gray and yellow.  I kept Mercy's sketch the same and used a similar theme, but I changed the colors, papers and stamps for mine.  The card base is SU Basic Gray.  The patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Marjolaine 6 x 6 pad.  The silhouette image and sentiment are from the Gina K. Designs set, Hope Grows (illustrated by Theresa Momber).  The sentiment was stamped with Basic Gray and the branches with Barely Banana, then highlighted with a Prismacolor pencil.  A satin ribbon bow and Marjolaine button finished it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Hope to be back later with some other things I'm working on.
Have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love your colour combo and the stamped sentiment over the leaves!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loooove this colour combination Carla, superb when teamed up with Mercy's layout! thanks for playing along at CASE study this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CASE of Mercy's design, Carla! I really love the colors that you chose and those beautiful background papers! Glad to have you play along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla