Thursday, January 13, 2011

CASE Study #22

Good afternoon!  I'm popping in quick to share a card I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge #22. The January muse is Mercy Kerin and I am enjoying the opportunity to CASE her awesome work!

Here is Mercy's card we were to CASE:


Here is my card:


I kept Mercy's layout about the same, but changed the color palette, the label stamp, the sentiment and I added some buttons.  My card base and mats are SU Mellow Moss.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Cappella 6 x 6 pad.  I embossed the horizontal gray panel with the Cuttlebug Jamara folder.  The vertical strip was embossed with one of the Cuttlebug Organic Flourish Border folders.  I pleated some pretty stitched satin ribbon from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  The label frame is from the Gina K. Designs set, Lovely Labels 2 (illustrated by Nina Brackett) and it was stamped with Mellow Moss onto GKD Pure Luxury Layering Weight White CS.  The sentiment is from the GKD set, Arranged With Love (illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger).  It was stamped with Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress Ink and embossed with clear EP.  I added a few buttons from my stash to finish it.

This was also for the Color Challenge on Paper Craft Planet (PCPColor88, week 1) - to use gray and a grayish green for our card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Carla I just love it!!! Love the vintage feel and the soft colors. Love that label stamp and that ribbon is so yummy!!! You really rocked this case study!!! Awesome!!! Hope you are not buried in ice! School here has been closed all week and hubby was home half the week! It's getting better here though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the challenge, I can't wait to try it too! Thanks for playing along with CASE Study this week, I'm having fun being the sponsor and visiting all of these great blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla this is gorgeous. I LOVE the way you added the ribbon and buttons. This paper is so pretty.. You did a wonderful job on this card. No school all week and the ice is finally gone today.. LONG week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that ribbon Carla! Beautiful designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla this is pure elegance!! I love the subtle hues of green! thanks for playing along at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carla, this is a stunner! I love everything about this card! Thank you for playing the CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla