Friday, January 7, 2011

CASE Study #21 Inspired by Mercy

I have a card to share today that I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge #21.  The new muse for the month of January is the very talented Mercy Kerin!

Here is the card of Mercy's we were to CASE this week:


Here is my take on Mercy's card:



I kept Mercy's sketch about the same, but I went more feminine with my colors and image.  I used this sweet Magnolia image, Lady Tilda, from the Fairytale Collection.  I colored her with Copic markers then highlighted her head band, flowers and the lace on her dress with Spica pens.  I sponged around the image panel with Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Inks.  My patterned paper is from the Graphic 45 Baby 2 Bride and Le Romantique collections.  I did some stitching and added a Bloomer from Webster's Pages along with a couple of simple ribbon leaves I created.  I finished it with a few Kaiser champagne pearls.

Thanks for checking out my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable cute image and lovely bloom, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love your coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla