Saturday, December 18, 2010

CASE Study Challenge #19

Thanks so much for the warm welcome to blogland!  I loved reading your sweet comments!  I know this is going to be fun!

Today I am sharing a card I made for the CASE Study Challenge #19.  The December muse is the super talented, Nina Brackett, so I've really tried to play along this month.

Here is Nina's gorgeous card that we were to CASE:



Here is the card I made:


I changed the orientation to portrait and changed the colors and images for mine.  I kept the corner elements, the center focal image and a bow.  My card base, corners and label are all Brushed Gold. I stamped the music from Nina's Vintage Borders set from Gina K. Designs onto a piece of vellum cardstock and embossed with gold EP after brushing off some of the powder here and there to give an aged look. The vellum was layered over a piece of patterned paper from the Basic Grey Jovial collection.  The verse, also from Vintage Borders, was embossed in gold then popped up over one of Nina's Lovely Labels 2 cut out with Spellbinders Labels Fourteen dies.  The corners were cut with one of the Cuttlebug Vintage corner dies.  I added some adhesive pearls and a double loop bow created with my Bow Easy.

This was also for this week's color challenge on PaperCraft Planet (pcpcolor87, week 3) - neutrals (ex. Kraft, Gold, Silver, White, Ivory) and Queen For The Day #40 on Splitcoast Stampers, honoring Reddyisco (Jo).  This is the beautiful card of Jo's I chose.

That's it for today!  I'm off to run errands and get the rest of my Christmas cards mailed.  I can't believe Christmas is just a week away!  I need to get everything done before the snow hits again tonight!  Crazy weather for North Carolina!

Have a great day!



11 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Carla!! Love the musical score background and the way you did the sentiment over the label. The ribbon is just perfect.
    I am really hoping we don't get any snow...we have two plays at church tomorrow and I would hate for them to get cancelled... It is hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away now...oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, just saw you have a blog from our css group. Yay!!! I will become a follower. Have you checked out Joan's Garden blog this morning? If not check, it out!!! Beautiful card! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla this is gorgeous.. I love the rich feel it has.. Your embossing is perfect.. I love the look of the vellum... I hope you had a good beginning to your week.. I will check in and see how you are doing... Your blog looks fantastic.. Way to go and welcome again to blogland..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a STUNNER! The composition, the palette, the execution... all perfect. Love how your flourishes in the corners echo the inspiration card, too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study! (You should enter this one into the Caardvarks final challenge, too. It's all about monochromatic cards. There's still time!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Carla! I love the muted neutral shades... and love the verse you used! Great take on these challenges my friend! Your blog looks great!!!

    Merry Christmas!!! Hope to see you soon!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is beautiful! Gorgeous monochromatic color scheme, awesome background dp, sentiment and corner adornments...I could go on and on! Or I could say...Simply magnificent! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness!! Carla, this is stunning! I adore the monochromatic look and the little touches... Thank you for joining us in this busy season, Happy New Year wishes to you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on winning this week Carla! Your card is beautiful and elegant all wrapped up in one package!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so thrilled that you started a blog! Life's been busy and I have been absent online. This card is stunning and it deserved to win! Thank you for always blessing me with your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, beautiful cards. I love the design. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful cards! Great design, colours! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla